Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 ukulele fretboard
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mark m
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  2:53:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

I have a fluke uke with a plastic fingerboard. Just wondering where and how much would it cost to get a wooden fingerboard with metal frets? Do you know anyone who can make this modification in CA?

Mahalo,
Mark

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  7:19:54 PM  Show Profile
Once upon a time you could send it back to the factory and have it done for about $75. I think that's still a possibility. The price may have risen.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  9:42:47 PM  Show Profile
Keith Holland at Keith Holland's Los Gatos Guitar Hospital might be worth a try if the factory won't do it. $75.00 seems pretty reasonable.
Go to Top of Page

Vintage FL
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  12:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Another option would be to sell this one and buy one with the wooden fretboard. Keep an eye peeled for a used one in good shape with the wooden fretboard, and you might end up spending less than you would for an upgrade.
Go to Top of Page

mark m
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  07:54:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions and info. I'll keep an eye out for a used one but I think that is pretty rare. Isn't wooden fretboard on this uke usually custom ordered? Does anyone have the phone # of the maker?

Mahalo,
Mark
Go to Top of Page

GUke
Lokahi

188 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  08:57:09 AM  Show Profile
e Mark,

If you haven't tried already go to Jim Beloff's fleamarketmusic.com. He helped in the design of the Fluke and Flea ukulele. I'm pretty sure they could give you any info on the Fluke. On line store site has a phone number that may help.

Aloha,
Genaro

Genaro

Should I? Itʻs only $, and where Iʻm going itʻll burn or melt.
Go to Top of Page

Vintage FL
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  04:31:10 AM  Show Profile
Look also at the Flea Market Music Marketplace board. I seem to recall a couple of Flukes there for sale recently. I know that Curt Sheller had one for sale there and it had a lot of upgrades.
Go to Top of Page

Vintage FL
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  04:33:39 AM  Show Profile
Actually I just checked and he does still have it for sale there. It looks like a great deal.

Tenor Fluke (TOP MODEL)
Tenor Fluke - $300 (BLOWOUT) Save $200 from a new one. Bought new (Nov 2006) (Number: M22 12790). Includes original gig bag. I added the pickguard to keep from scratching the top. Has the top of the line Fishman offered by the Magic Fluke Company. I'm just not using it as much as it deserves. Needs a good home. (A new one from Flea Market Music is $494) Will not go lower price than this.
Price: $300
Name: CURT SHELLER
Telephone: 610 326 7295
E-mail: curt @ curtsheller.com
Posted On: 7/5/2006

Go to Top of Page

mark m
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  11:30:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

thanks for the posts. I checked with the makers and they still have the same price for the fretboard replacement. I'm thinking that I should go with the suggestion of getting another uke. Is there any tenor ukes available under the $250 price that has wooden fretboard and bridge and has the same wide neck/nut like the fluke? any suggestions?

Mahalo,
Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000