Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Don Kaulia, your mp3 "Bikini" ... help!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  11:06:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Don,

I read your story, then I checked your profile, and followed your links. You have an mp3 of "Bikini" on HawaiiMusicians.com but it won't download for me. I think the file is empty.

Did you withdraw it? Or is there a glitch? I'd like to hear it.

Mahalo,

Pauline

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  11:21:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Don's bikini.mp3 can also be found at http://www.puresoundCD.com/bikini.mp3

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  11:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Andy. The CD site is just a sample of the full track. But if it's on a CD, then there are probably some copyright issues with having the full track on another site. Maybe it was withdrawn. It got max ratings on the HawaiiMusicians.com site.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2002 :  9:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Aloha,
I dunno what happened to my mp3 Bikini...all I know is that it is a sample...my producer from that album did not put the full track online just a sample. You may go online to order it: www.puresoundcd.com or Borders Hawaii...www.borders.com

Sorry you guys...I not in charge of my online stuff. But thanks for inquiring and informing me 'bout the glich.

The Bikini track is a composition I wrote. The kauna of the compositions first honors the spaniards for introducing the guitar to Hawaii and the other kauna is...Bikini's....there is lyrics and that portion of the song is in the making. Bikini can be found on Freehand CD and it is played in Slack Key Am Form.

Aloha, Don

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  02:05:06 AM  Show Profile
Aloha "Bruddah Don!"

Missed you this past Saturday in Waihe'e! Cuz.....me, Kevin guys, wen have one marathon of-a-kanikajam (10:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.) Dakine, Kevin announced going be every Saturday da gathering ovah-dey-yah. "WORD"! And oh! Every 1st. Wednesday as well! I spock you den K? Ca'tcha latah's Brah! A Hui Hou!

Bill
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  02:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
eh Bill and Kevin,
Sorry guys ... I missed this Saturday...I was performing at the Slack Key Festival in Kauai. Me, Mike Kaawa, Cyril and Brother Noland went a day ahead to do promos for Milton Lau and Kauai Mariott. I bet you all had a great time as I did. I won't be there this Saturday 'cause I have a teenage party for my daughter. I will try to make the next Saturday Slack Key Jam.
As for the Festival...like always, it's like a reunion meeting the rest of the artists. One thing 'bout this fest, we got to have good fun at Masabe's house in Kauai with Paul Togioka and Family. Paul is one of Kauai's elite slack key artist's. Man I tell you, they had a spread of pupus and unusual main dishes like 4 pans of Steamed Onaga and 40 pieces of 5lb. Samoan Crabs. I tried eating 3 but could not keep up with Ocean Kaowili and Mike Kaawa. At the end, we were so stuffed we couldn't even jam for the party, we were too stuffed.
I see you guys next week Saturday...Guarans Ball Barrons.
Don

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000