Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Maui Calls!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2002 :  11:46:59 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou e hui,

Last night at about 7:30 in the chill, damp, gloomy Connecticut evening, the phone rang, Sarah answered it, and a beam of warm sunshine streamed out of it. It was Kitty, calling from Waihe`e Church, where about a dozen friends were playing Slack Key at 2:30 in the afternoon, under the trees, with the warm sun around them and ke kai near by. With the sweet sounds of ki ho`alu in the background, we had wonderful conversations with Kitty, Kevin, and Bill (Kawika and Ed Bigelow were busy picking with all the rest - we got a couple of telephonic Shakas from them :-).

We were also told that all the Mauians are ready to meet with any Taro Patchers that want to visit this June, or any other June.

Ain't technology (sometimes) wonderful?

Mahalo nui loa, e na hoaaloha, for the emotional lift.

Reid and Sarah

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2002 :  12:35:34 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Reid laua 'o Sarah,
He mea ho'o hauoli!
Check out the photos I posted on the Kanikapila page.
A hui hou, >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2002 :  1:59:46 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Reid! Yes it was indeed a warm Waihe'e Maui Sunny Day with the sweet nahenahe sounds of "Kiho'alu" filling the air around us as well as you and Sarah...More reason now for all of you to come and join us, and help perpetuate the Style Of Kiho'alu....and keep that bridge afloat that connects us to all of you. A Hui Hou! Malama Pono...

Bill

Bill
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2002 :  6:58:27 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Taropatch Ohana's

Mahalo Kittie for the use of your cell phone.
Yes Reid Technology is wonderful,Especially if your talking from a little island thousands of miles away and communicating somewhere deep in Waihee Valley.

It was so nice to HEAR! your voices again. (Reid and Sarah.) It really sounded like you were minutes away. The slack key ohana's here (waihee) they are full of aloha! Not just for ki ho'alu but,For everyone that comes to fellowship and kanikapila. We are indeed a great ohana.

We talked about the taropatch ohana's visiting Maui, And everyone wants to kokua in anyway they can. Let us know ahead of time and we can plan for the gathering.( Mahalo Ed kalama!)

I would like to say mahalo nui loa to Kahu Kamaiki Anakalea for letting us share our music
here on the church grounds of Waihee. The church is almost 170 years old. It was built during the monarchy. So when you first step onto the grounds, You can actually feel the Mana! Kahu also plays some beautiful ki ho'alu too. With all his busy schedule, hopefully he can join us soon.

To Ed and Kitty I think it was your New Cameras that made everyone look good. haha!
Mahalo! for the photos! See you all next Saturday.....Malama,Pono!
Kevin Brown.

Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  05:05:02 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Na Ohana!

Popoki! I too wanna thank you for the use of your
cellphone. To hear Sarah's voice on the other end,
was wonderful. "Sarah! Reid! Miss you guys!" A gathering of us all on the beautiful Churchgrounds of Waihe'e would truly be enjoyable, and indeed
special...

"Kevin! Bruddah....dat wuz one real marathon on
Saturday...10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.? Auwe! Record-Breaking! Looking forward to the next Saturday's "kanikajammapila" Waihe'e style. A Hui
Hou!

Bill
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  05:23:17 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Ohana's

"Bruddah" Bill, it was a long day huh?
I could'nt even see the frets of my guitar.
Boy! that sun went down fast.

Spock you next week Saturday. Don't forget!
bring one lantern!!!.....haha!
Malama Pono,A Hui,Hou!
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  09:13:34 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e ka Hui!

It was so great to talk to you guys, Kitty, Bill, Kevin! You sounded just like yourselves -- I could just picture you in my mind's eye! Now we're *really* keen to get there (as if we weren't before), and to meet the other folks too -- Ed K. (nice pics, Ed!!), Hal, and Randy dem. Thanks again for the wonderful "hand across the water" and the warm invitation.

And you were there till it got DARK?? Man... you're killin' me....

me ke aloha pumehana,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  02:57:31 AM  Show Profile
See Sarah! You should've stayed longer! Then you and Reid could've kept us company! But hey....You guy's will be here next year right? You two take care....Love you guys! Me ke Aloha Pumehana...

Bill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000