Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 MagicStomp bargain
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  11:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Since the Yamaha AGStomp has been mentioned I'd like to let you know that the Magicstomp II is on sale at Musician's Friend for $79.99 (why, that's almost $80!!) The unit comes with lots of rock preset effects, but it turns out that you can turn it into an AGStomp by downloading the patch library. You can get the library at http://www.magicstomp.com/eng_html/patch/yamaha13.html and use the software supplied with the MagicStomp II to transfer the patches to your unit.

*** Edit Edit *** Just discovered it's even easier than I described to turn an MSII into an AG. In the computer based patch editor the AG patches are already available. Select all the entries in the acoustic section, Edit / Copy, select all the entries in the user section, Edit / Paste, then bulk tramsmit the user patches. Presto.

Naturally you'll want to use the Musician's Friend link on the Taropatch support page http://www.taropatch.net/support/ to make the purchase. When you get to Musician's Friend website, just do a search for 151560 which is the SKU for the MagicStomp II.

I found it a bit challenging to get the software working, but then I might have done better if I'd read and followed the instructions. Once I worked through my issues I was able to turn my MSII into an AG in about 10 minutes.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

Edited by - Fran Guidry on 10/02/2006 3:14:37 PM

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  3:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Fran,

After hearing Herb and Daniel both play through the MagicStomp Acoustic last week *and* reading Mark Nelson's review here, I had to get one of these. Darin and I played a gig on Saturday and Darin got a great guitar sound using it.

Both Fran and Mark told me about getting the MSII and loading the acoustic patches. The MS Acoustic street price is about $150. It was a deal that I couldn't resist.

Here's the link: Yamaha MagicStomp II. Try entering the coupon code PREFERRED and you might get an extra 10% off making the final price about $71.99. Spend an extra $28 and you get free shipping. Get a killer deal and the satisfaction that 6% of your purchase will help run this site.

FYI, there are also 2 Yahoo! Groups dedicated to the MS.
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/magicstomp
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/magicstomp_ub99

Mine should be here Wednesday. I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  3:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Wow! what a neat thing this is. Now if I can figure our how to delete 100 effects I don't want )and not loose them enritely) , and keep only the ones I want in the box that would be real cool.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  12:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
Now if I can figure our how to delete 100 effects I don't want )and not loose them enritely) , and keep only the ones I want in the box that would be real cool.

The factory patches will stay available in one bank; you can load your new patches to the user bank. Plus, all of the patches (and that includes those from all 3 MagicStops, as well as the SPX bank, are always available in the internal memory. You cannot delete 'em, even by accident.

Happy knob twisting!
Go to Top of Page

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  12:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
I just received an advertisement from Musicians Friend. It's official that the MagicStomp II's are on clearance.

I love these units. The mic simulators work great. The EQ is excellent, and the reverb and delay are transparent. If you're willing to spend hours (possibly many hours) figuring out how the thing works, this is the best acoustic guitar stompbox on the market.

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  04:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by dl584

I just received an advertisement from Musicians Friend. It's official that the MagicStomp II's are on clearance.
Looks like MF is out of stock but they may have the acoustic or bass versions coming in. Units are still out there. My local Guitar Center has one acoustic model and were willing to match other online retailers.

Still playing around with mine. I got the MSII and loaded the acoustic patches. I haven't found hours to figure it all out yet but so far it looks like it will serve me well.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  9:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Hi Andy, Fran, Mark, and Don!

I just got mine today. Am I the only one having a problem loading the patches from the enclosed CD? On the software Wizard, it stops at midpoint indicating that the software does not recognize the Windows XP logo, and if I continue to download the patches, it will severely effect my computer. What does that mean? I've tried this on 3 computers now, and they all indicate the same thing and flashing the same message. Did any of you get any pop up box with the above message on it? It looks like you all got your patches loaded ok. Obviously, I must be doing something wrong, but can't figure it out. If anyone can enlighten me with what to do, please let me know. I may have to give the manufacturer a call (if there is such a thing at Yamaha as a customer support desk for these kinds of questions. None of the FAQ's address this issue either. In the meantime, I am playing with the pre-sets that have already been loaded. What great fun and a whole new world! - Maggie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000