Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 WHERE'S KARL MONETTI ??!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  4:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Rik,
I was just being nice to you, giving you that lead. Actually, Susan cuts my hair. She used to cut both of them, but.....
Just remember, boy, one day you, too, will be old folks. I hope you find a nemesis such as yourelf to keep needling you about your ancient and silly ways. Payback!

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  09:07:42 AM  Show Profile
Gramps, Luv ya Bro!!
hey!, no fair....you didn't tell me Susan cuts your lone hair. Great!, now I have to spend the next half hour removing my foot from my mouth, thanks alot.
Well, good luck with the hair thing. As for my hair, I don't see that going for quite a while yet, (knock on wood). As to old, I'm already old.
Tough break for those climbers on Hood, I was betting for they'd make it. Wonder what went wrong? They seemed to be seasoned, and had all the right gear, plus were no strangers to winter climbing & storms. Even with injuries, it seemed unlikely they would have perished. Maybe they traveled too light, and didn't have enough food,fuel? It baffles me. A snow cave for 7-10 days would not have seemed out-of-reach for 3 experienced climbers. I'd very much like to know what caused them to screw the pooch on that climb. Even with a storm going, they weren't at the summit (11,000+ ft), I think the report said they were at 8-10,000ft. It appeared like a good speedy descent from that area. ( i heard they an altimeter, not sure about a compass or gps though)
~slkho
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000