Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 WHERE'S KARL MONETTI ??!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  12:38:24 PM  Show Profile
Gramps!,
...Gosh darn those old geezers up there in the frozen North. Nothing like putting a wood burning stove on a sheet of lake ice. What's next, poking a sleeping Polar Bear with a stick to see what it does next.
'poke poke-poke'
Karl, "how's that mr. bear you like that?"
'poke-poke-poke'
Karl, " now come there bearsee-wersee...wake up!, who's your daddy"
'poke-poke jam"
"Grrrrrrr-rrrrr, bite, chomp, munch-munch, gulp....buuuurrrrrrrrrrp"
Bear, "well, that 'ol geezer was tasty, I guess I'll just see what's cooking on the wood burning stove in that ice house"
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  12:39:20 PM  Show Profile
overactive imagination

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  11:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Rik, you ninny! The ice is 3 (count 'em) 3 feet thick! And the wood stove has (get this ) LEGS, to keep it off the ICE so it doesn't MELT. YOung whipper-snappers don't know a gol-danged thing!
And ah ain't seen no pol'r bars 'round here since '09, 'n he wuz headed south...San Diego i thinks
Besides, polar bears like eskimos, fresh from the igloo. YOu know, crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  1:14:39 PM  Show Profile
...Oh sure, its all fun & games until some poor little Polar Bear loses an eye.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  2:04:51 PM  Show Profile
ahhh . . Eskimo Pies . . know them well

Almost as good as Strawberry Shortcake.

Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  10:21:42 PM  Show Profile
By the way, heat rises!
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  8:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Julie, I think perhaps Rik is related to George W. The words go in, but just sort of bounce around so that nothing new comes back out!

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  10:39:43 AM  Show Profile
Ouch!, Gasp!!
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  8:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Sorry, Rik, that was a low blow.
I will try to wangle a fishing trip out of my buddy and tell you how the wood stove ice house deal works. 'Course, i haven;t heard from him in two weeks, so who knows, maybe he did melt himmself thru 3 feet of ice!
After you conquer your mountain, wanna go fishing?

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  08:29:28 AM  Show Profile
Nah...I don't do the fishing thingy. (mountaineers don't fish) I save my fish to train Mika ele new tricks. yuk yuk. I usually do all my fishing at the market....its not as easy as it looks y'know.
~rik
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  2:13:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey Rik,

You been watching the Everest series on the Discovery Channel?
nothing like a traffic jam and mutiny above the death zone (26,ooo feet) to make it interesting
I've got some of the episodes on my DVR.

Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  08:52:09 AM  Show Profile
...I've already purchased the DVD, plus I've been following it on Tuesday nights. It is the best documented film I've seen so far. Unbelivable footage!! I have some other Everest documentries but they don't compare. That biker guy really is stupid. You see that all the time on mountains, even little mountains, always some inexperienced climber pushing the limits. (nature's way of thinning the herd i guess).
Having wood-burning stoves on lake ice...that's a whole different story. hee heeee (just kidding Karl)
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  2:25:20 PM  Show Profile
The frenchman is just as nuts -- stubborn and falling all over himself putting all the locals at risk
My wife an I have been glued to the high definition videography.

biker dude - kind like a motorcyclist without a helmet squirting the crowded freeway lanes at 100+ mph

Hey Karl,
I may have to go up to Fort Wainwright for work in a few weeks. Anywhere near you? What is a SoCal Kama'aina to do -- my longest underwear is a pair of boxer shorts.

Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  4:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Mika ele
YOu're gonna need to stretch them undies, man. As i remember, you're kinda short, so maybe my boxer shorts would work for you!? I could ply you with "well, it's cold, but it's a dry cold" We always tell people that, as if it made a difference. Well, actualy it does; dry being much better than wet cold. However, 20 below is still 20 below. Will you be expected to work outside or in? Most folks who work inside here just wear regular clothing, short sleeves, sneakers, socks, using a medium weight jacket, knit hat and gloves for the drive. My hardresser (yeah,Rik, at the risk of giving you more canon fodder, I do have a hairdresser....gotta be nice to the few i have left) usually wears shorts all winter. Outside work is a different story, and yo will want layers. Even if you only work inside you will want some warm clothes to do some real alaskan stuff, like sittin around the campfire pickin yer gitar (see my bio), mushin to the corner store for ice cream, ice fishin with woodstoves, sky-diving and sunbathing.
I am about 15 miles from Ft WW. Need a place to stay? If you already have one, we can be sure to meet up somewhere or you can come out here and play. If you were bringing a guitar anyway, do so, but if not, i have plenty.
I hope it is not over christmas week...we will be gone 23-31. Anytime before or after that is great, though. I do a little one hour slack key gig every Tuesday at noon, maybe we could be a duo. Also got word of a hawaiian family nearby with some musicians in it. Hope to strike up a relationship there soon.
Keep in touch
Karl

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  1:57:03 PM  Show Profile
Gramps, Gramps, Gramps,... seriously? a hairdresser!! ah ha ha ha ha ha, your kidding right? Just when I was getting used to the whole stove-on-the-ice thingy, oh and that doing your lawn story... now this?!! Gosh, where do I begin with a gem like this????? I would think with the limited folicles you have now, and the -20 degrees up there, actually cutting hair would be a bit of a gamble. Exposure boy! nature's insulator for your noggin.. you need it. Take my advice, find the phone number to that Polar Bear you found on that on-line dating service, shoot it, skin it, and make yourself a right proper hat. hee-hee.
You old folks...ya kill me!!
Shamu, Errrr...Mikey, you can always bring that shirt you wore at Ken's Kanikapila.
Love you guys, seriously.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000