Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Radio Hula song
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  11:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Photos have been added above.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Eddie
Aloha

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  5:11:48 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Dave, I did and there they are. Wow, so nice and clear too. Thanks Andy! Oh, Lori's lips are red from the fruit punch at the luau. It was also her first time to try poi. She liked it! Now we have poi about once a week here at home. Most is store-bought from a near-by Hawaiian Inn restaurant, but many times I make my own. Also, I went to Sun Jose Hawaii and bought Led's 1994 CD, "Live - Solo" Something I don't normally do, buy a "live" recording. I prefer studio. But he does have a version of Radio Hula, albeit it's still not the one I'm looking for. LOL, I might have to buy 50 CD's before I find the one I'm looking for.
Again, thanks Andy, and
Aloha

Eddie
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  6:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Before you buy 50 CDs, you might check out http://www.mele.com where you can listen to preview clips of many tunes. Here's a search for "Radio Hula"

http://tinyurl.com/yffzfx

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  04:37:30 AM  Show Profile
re Led never playing Radio Hula the same way twice -- I'm going to pirate a comment attributed to Jimmie Vaughan about his brother Steveie Ray, but it applies to Led - He never played it the same way Once
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  08:18:27 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by chunky monkey

re Led never playing Radio Hula the same way twice -- I'm going to pirate a comment attributed to Jimmie Vaughan about his brother Steveie Ray, but it applies to Led - He never played it the same way Once

My buddy, thumbstruck (slack key) & I (8 string Dobro - C13) were jamming with Led at his cousin's up here in WA last summer. I don't remember the tune, but Led did a descending run using 3 of 4 strings that was so awesome that we both stopped playing. He asked us "wha'sa matta?" I said "How did you do tht?" He said "I don't rememeber." that's Led.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  10:21:04 AM  Show Profile
I think the version of "Rado Hula" Eddie is searching for is on Led's album that he did on Dancing Cat in Nashville. The "keyboard" is Joey Miskulin on piano accordion. Joey plays with Riders in the Sky.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  12:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Re: searching for a recording of Radio Hula. When I am searching for a specific recording, I use Auntie Maria's wonderful web site at www.mele.com

Use the search function by title of the song. She will show you all the recordings that she has available, of which you may listen to a short sample. You may be able to determine which version it is that you are looking for. I think there are about 20 or so different versions of it available on her web site. Hooo boy, do I love that song, especially the way Led does it.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Eddie
Aloha

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  3:57:52 PM  Show Profile
thumb, you know the name of the album by any chance? That may be the one I'm looking for. Funny, I've been listening to Riders in the Sky for the last two days (on the way to/from work) I love that group as I like Cowboy songs, as apposed to CW. I tell my kids, cowboy songs are about doggies, cowboys, Colt .44's, boots, spurs, saddles, campfires, and Mexican girls and CW is about trains, pickups, grandmothers, love lost, etc. LOL!
Anywayz, I'll keep on looking.
Thanks!
Eddie
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  5:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Eh, brah, I t'ink da album is "Waltz of the Wind", but don't quote me. Led had plenny Nashville artists on it, Allison Krause even. I heard'em once, was nice.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie
Aloha

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  6:30:10 PM  Show Profile
YES!! thumb, that's the the album! I heard only a few seconds of sample play and without a doubt that's the song I've been looking for, TY, TY! Ok, gonna order it tonight from mele.com. Wow, can't believe it. Thanks to Fran and wcerto and all you great people for da kokua. Andy, cancel the posting of the mp3 file I sent. I no need look no more. Auntie, send asap, ok?
Eddie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Eddie,

I listened to the mp3 that you emailed me and do not hear the steel that accompanies Led in the Waltz in the Wind album. It may be the version from an album titled Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters Collection - Vol 2

As I emailed to you, you should check www.mele.com and search for the song Radio Hula. You can then verify exactly which version you want. Of course, they're all good so maybe get them all. Just kidding (sort of).

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Eddie
Aloha

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  3:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Andy, funny, wonder why not? The mp3 I sent you is the one. I just received in the mail my copy of Waltz in the Wind from mele.com. Took only four days to get it. As I type I'm listening and what great music!
Eddie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  5:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Maybe I need to check my ears? Glad you were able to find what you were looking for.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000