Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Annual San Marcos Kanikapilsener Potluck - 12/10
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  08:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
Aloha all,

It's hard to beleive that a whole year has gone by and I'm posting this again. It feels like we just did this last week!!

Once again, Bruddah Ken has invited us all to his hilltop for a great afternoon/evening of music and beer. All SCSKS and TaroPatch members are invited. In addition, he's inviting two homebrew clubs so the homebrew should be flowing too.

It's set for December 10th starting 1PM. Bring a dish or dessert to share and join the fun. Email me for directions if you need 'em again.

Bill (OBO Bruddah Ken)

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  09:22:30 AM  Show Profile
slack key and beer

slck key and beear

slck ky and beeear

slck k and beeary

slk k and bceeary

hmmmm

better get there early for good music

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  12:58:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh my -
same night as fireworks party here - won't be able to get down there. Anyone in this area want to come, contact me.....
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  12:26:33 PM  Show Profile
This is quite an event hosted by Brudda Ken, plenty of music, socializing, beer - of course, lots of great food. I believe its the one time of year we get almost everybody who plays slack in SoCal to come. Should be fun.
Oh yes, it wil also be time to present this year's Spammy Award to someone in our membership. The Spammy is the SCSKS's shamless version of the Grammy, presented to someone who's contributed to slack key in various ways, (such as in music, hosting, etc..) Past winners include Don Narup (founder of scsks) Kieth Marzullo, Brudda Ken to name a few. Hmm-mm maybe we should expand this to the TaroPatch....we'll have to see. Its quite an award folks!
Come for the food, stay for the music.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  08:21:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
OK, looks like Rachel and I will be making a rare (but long overdue) appearance if we can avoid whatever it is her brother is sick with at the moment.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  12:54:20 PM  Show Profile
I nominate Chunky Monkey for the Spammy due to his numerous hostings of the "Chunky Monkey Show" at Kaisen's. There would be an empty and quiet stage without him!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  1:06:50 PM  Show Profile
...I'm sorry, but all winners are kept confidential, and are in a sealed envelope, in a guarded vault at Lloyd's of London. Winner will be announced at the proper time.
~Spammy Awards Committee
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  2:02:55 PM  Show Profile
dang . . .
ahhh but the local San Marcos Offcie of Lloyd's of London can be "influenced"

YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED

Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  10:49:00 AM  Show Profile
FUN FUN FUN...is all I can say about the big Kanikapila at Brudda Ken's this past weekend. Food was aplenty and the beer was flowing. Ken had his 8 draft bar going, as well as samplings of exotic German beers who pronounications and descriptions that only be described as worth being 40+ points in Scrabble. The party was a good mix of Slack Key players & Micro-brew hobbyists. Good fun.
This year's Spammy Award 2007 did indeed go to Chunky-Monkey, Terry Beckholm for all his contributions and tireless efforts in slack key. A much deserved, (an overdue) award. I believe Terry was somewhat speechless. The gang was all there: Chunk & Mary, Brudda Ken, Bill & Vicki, T-Dan, Mike Mcvey, Dusty & Sheila, Laurie w/ her beau, and even C-Patch w/ Rachel (what a treat) Rachel has grown very tall, (that makes it #5 Craig)
I'll follow-up with some photos in a few days. I think I might expand the Spammy to the TaroPatch.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  1:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
It was definitely nice to final get back together with everyone and Rachel had a blast as well (although she was disappointed that I didn't expose myself to public ridicule by getting up and playing for everyone). Everyone sounds great and has made tremendous progress in their playing since I last visited. I'm inspired to try and catch up.

I did do some recording with the H4 and will post some samples as soon as I get a chance. Thanks again to Ken for hosting!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  2:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
Mahalo to Ken and his aloha for hosting the event! I wish I hadn't needed to leave by 3:30, so I'm sure I missed out on lots o' cool stuff...It was my first time hearing Dusty & some of the others play, which was a real treat. Hana hou! It was all too brief but very memorable... thanks, Rik & Bill for the directions...
a hui hou
T-Dan

Edited by - T-Dan on 12/11/2006 2:39:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  2:59:08 PM  Show Profile
It was not an Italian table cloth, you ninnies (Hadji intended)

I wish I had time to get together with some of the local "brew" of SCSKSers to arrange and perform some duets. I really had a blast jamming with Rik, Ken on Ipu, and Bill. I am continually inspired by Bill's ability to ask the key and join right in on whatever tuning he is in. The chords that guy whips up on the fly are rich and complex and . . just plain nahenahe!

Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  08:22:27 AM  Show Profile
....well, I didn't want to say anything about that shirt, (i was being nice) but we did need a tablecloth for all that food. yuk-yuk.
See you later at Sea World! (just kidding)
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  08:23:55 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

It was not an Italian table cloth, you ninnies (Hadji intended)

Mike wore a great looking Palaka shirt (red & white).

I also enjoyed hearing T-Dan.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000