Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 New uke instruction DVDs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  11:32:14 AM  Show Profile
Better late than never with this post -- the DVDs were released awhile back:

ISLAND STYLE `UKULELE by Jody Kamisato
Jody Kamisato will show you fingering and strumming drills, and you will learn how to play `ukulele "island style". Instruction covers four-finger exercise, C-Am-F-G7 and the songs "Drop Baby Drop" and "Ainakoa". Come along on factory tours of renowned `ukulele makers, join in on a kanikapila (local jam session), and play along to a music video featuring the Aloha Tofu official commercial song, "Ainakoa".
Jody Kamisato, born and raised in Hawai`i, is one of the most popular `ukulele instructors in the state. He has performed and conducted `ukulele workshops in Japan on behalf of the O`ahu Visitors Bureau, spreading goodwill and sharing the joy of playing the `ukulele. He performs frequently with Bruce Shimabukuro and earned his BA from the University of Hawai`i with a degree in Music Marketing.

LEARN TO PLAY THE `UKULELE: STRUMMING TECHNIQUES by Roy Sakuma
Roy Sakuma is Hawaii's most prominent `ukulele teacher and proponent of the `ukulele. Since 1974 Roy and his wife Kathy have expanded the Roy Sakuma `Ukulele Studios to four locations in Hawai‘i with a staff of 30 instructors. Roy's system of teaching has brought the joy of music to thousands of `ukulele players over the last three decades. Now you too can experience the magic of Roy's teaching and become an instant `ukulele player!

`UKULELE BASICS
* Introduction
* Tuning
* Parts of the `ukulele
* How to hold the `ukulele
* How to hold chords
STRUMMING PATTERNS
* Straight strum
* Bounce strum
* Waltz strum
* Jazz waltz strum
* DDUUD strum
* Vamp strum
* Scratch strum
* Knock strum
PLAY SONGS
* The Quest
* I Am What I Am
Plus more...!
RUN TIME: 1 hour, 45 minutes

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2006 :  2:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
I have both of these (just found the Sakuma one last week while on the Big Island). In my opinion, Roy's is the more "basic instructional" of the two with lots of great strums and some solid instruction beyond the basics, Jody's is more oriented to Hawaiian-style playing (when I do "Drop Baby, Drop" based on his DVD instruction, I even had island folks *recognize* it!). My recommendation? Buy both!

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000