Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 A Christmas Eve miracle....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2006 :  9:51:21 PM  Show Profile
This was a Christmas Eve which I will probably never forget. Miracles do happen...

Tonight at Christmas Eve services at my church, I noticed with shock a certain woman singing in the choir. This woman and I had been "enemies" for many years. We had totally different philosophies about a certain type of land use, and over the years, as we were on opposite sides of the political battle, we became more and more hateful with each other.

Now mind you, this is MY Church, where I used to sing in the choir years ago before motherhood took all of my energy away.

Sadly, earlier this year her 19 year old son hanged himself. I tentatively sent her flowers and she sent back a hand-written note which advised me to keep my son off those nasty psycho-tropic drugs which were creating havoc with depressed kids and causing suicidal tendencies instead of providing relief.

I always thought I would run into her at the local supermarket or someplace like that, and wondered how we would react to each other.

Tonight, God provided us an opportunity to reach out to one another. Tonight, things were a little awkward as we faced each other across the pews, celebrating the birthday of The One Who Fosters Love, and singing about love and salvation.

Really funny thing, as the service ended, we found ourselves purposely finding a beeline to each other, and as we embraced, I was able to ask her how she was, and we actually started talking as one human being to another. She confided in me that some long-ago actions of mine hurt her deeply, and as we talked about these things I was able to tell her to let all those things go, because none of it was important anymore. Under the circumstances, she needed to put her energy into recovering from her son's death. I can tell you that our husbands looked at us in amazement. And total silence. Neither of them approached us while we were talking face to face no more than inches from each other.

My dear friends, I only share this very private moment with you because I am just flabbergasted, and I want everyone to know that there is always a chance of healing. If you have relationships or hatreds that are interfering in your happy lives, see if there is not a way to forgive and forget.

I never thought this would be possible, but tonight I learned a lesson in forgiveness and love and the Christmas spirit, very much alive in this church, which housed two mortal enemies at the same time. I am so sad that it took the premature death of one of our sons to bring us together in peace. But I think we're on our way to truly find a peace together.

Merry Christmas to all of you who believe, may the Good Lord bless you and your loved ones,

Julie

Edited by - Julie H on 12/24/2006 10:07:17 PM

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2006 :  10:01:19 PM  Show Profile
What a great Christmas story, Julie . . . may the remainder of the holiday season continue to amaze you!

Don
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2006 :  10:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Julie,

Thanks for sharing such a deeply personal experience with all of us. Good to see that modern day miracles are still alive and well. Merry Christmas!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

keneke ka
Akahai

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2006 :  10:20:38 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing your " Christmas Eve Miracle " story . Peace be with you, God's continued blessings upon you...
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2006 :  1:16:51 PM  Show Profile
Julie,

Last night the Good Lord gave you an amazing Chistmas present - and you can take with you everywhere! A wonderful story, God bless you.

--Mark
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  11:35:51 AM  Show Profile
Julie,

Thanks so very much for sharing such a terrific story. I am very happy that you two were able to put past differences aside and you were able to help her by sharing some of your true aloha spirit at a time when she very likely is in great need of it.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  3:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Julie.
A blessing.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  08:08:14 AM  Show Profile
. . and forgive us our trespasses
. . as we forgive those that trespass against us

Aloha Ke Akua

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  04:50:42 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing. It's good to know that we all have such opportunities to forgive and be forgiven.
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  09:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Great story and very touching Julie,
hope to see you soon, Happy Holidays
Timmy
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  08:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
That was a great story, Julie! Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you areound on the patch.

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  08:27:11 AM  Show Profile
Good on you Julie.

Warm light to you and your family.
Thanks for that.

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page