Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Mick Fleetwood's New "Island Rumours" Band
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  6:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
This sounds really cool. I'm looking forward to hearing Willie K, Eric Gilliom, Raiatea Helm and Lopaka Colon play with Mick Fleetwood.

quote:
MICK FLEETWOOD'S NEW "ISLAND RUMOURS" BAND FEATURES THE BAREFOOT NATIVES

OTHER MEMBERS INCLUDE RAIATEA HELM AND PERCUSSIONIST LOPAKA COLON

WAILUKU, DECEMBER 29 ... When the Fleetwood Mac founder set out to form his new Hawaii based corporate band "Mick Fleetwood's Islands Rumours", he assembled a roster of local talent which includes the Barefoot Natives (Eric Gilliom and Uncle Willie K), singer Raiatea Helm, percussionist Lopaka Colon, and bassist Lenny Castellanos. Rounding out the lineup is veteran guitarist Rick Vito, whose credits include performances with John Mayall, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Bob Segar, John Fogarty, Todd Rundgren, and Fleetwood Mac..

A part-time resident since the seventies, Mick Fleetwood recently settled on Maui. After familiarizing himself with the local music scene, he assembled the group for several weeks of rehearsal and now plans to market "Island Rumours" as a corporate band.

"In the Barefoot Natives you have Willie K as a consummate front man, and Eric this amazing talent." Said Mick. "We've gotten together, and truly honored one another and the music."

Willie K is also enjoying the collaboration. "Working with someone like Rick Vito is unreal. I have so much respect for him, and I'm learning so much by just listening to the brother."

"Hanging out out with a Rock legend like Mick, I couldn't help but notice how much smaller his lips are in person," related Eric Gilliom of the Barefoot Natives. "Seeing him sing for the Rolling Stones, you'd never know he was also such a great drummer."

The Barefoot Natives feature Hawaii music legend Willie K along with the perpetually confused Eric Gilliom. Their debut CD "Barefoot Natives" is available in stores and online, and their second CD is slated for release in mid-2007. Follow the adventures of this unique and extraordinary musical duo by virtue of their website: www.barefootnatives.com.

FOR MORE ON THE MICK FLEETWOOD "ISLAND RUMOURS" PROJECT READ
JON WOODHOUSE'S RECENT MAUI NEWS ARTICLE

Andy

dagan
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  12:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit dagan's Homepage
can't wait to see the real thing live !!!

www.daganb.wordpress.com
www.paniolomusic.com
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  3:05:28 PM  Show Profile
And I thought Barefoot Natives by themselves was darn good!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000