Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Slack Key Festivals 2007
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

halemu
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  03:51:37 AM  Show Profile
Has a date and place been set for the 2007 Slack Key Festival on Kauai??

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  05:37:19 AM  Show Profile
No date has been announced yet -- but the Kaua`i festival has historically been held the Sunday before Thanksgiving. If Milton Lau sticks to that schedule, this year's Kaua`i festival will be held on Sunday Nov 18.

You can use the "contact" form on the Festivals' website to email Milton and ask him directly: http://www.hawaiianslackkeyguitarfestivals.com/main_page.htm

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Leonard
Lokahi

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  10:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Leonard's Homepage
It's time to plan vacations for 2007. Any slack key camps with dates set for 2007? LRR

Be the change that you wish to see in the world. M. Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Fingerpickin
Lokahi

117 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  4:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fingerpickin's Homepage
Leonard,

The camps I know of thus far are as follows:

www.alohamusiccamp.com

Keola's Camp on Molokai: February 4-10 2007, and June 24-30 2007

www.kahumoku.com

George Kahumokus camp on Maui: June 17-24

Not too much info yet on Georges camp on the website yet.
I don't think Ledward is going to have a camp this summer, but I'm not for certain.

Hope that helps.
-Lance

"Hey Lance, try watch." -Ozzie
Go to Top of Page

Leonard
Lokahi

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  09:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Leonard's Homepage
Thanks, Lance. June is for preparing July's jury trials, so that's out for me. I'll keep checking for other dates. LRR

Be the change that you wish to see in the world. M. Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  06:47:11 AM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Fingerpickin,
I visited with Paul Togioka in Nov. Paul records with Milton Lau who schedules Ledward's workshop and Milton told Paul to set aside the time and that there will definitely be a workshop in 2007. I also spoke to Milton when I was at the 2006 workshop and was assured that "the show will go on" so unless something changes...?
I expect to be there and I hope some of you will consider it too.
Jerry
Go to Top of Page

Fingerpickin
Lokahi

117 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  1:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fingerpickin's Homepage
Jerry,

Thanks, that's great news. Last year the workshop was not well attended (it was not well advertised, I think that's why.) Good to know that despite that, it will still go on. Led is just a great human being...I don't know him very well at all, but the few times we've spoken he is just delightful, and exudes aloha. He often invites friends over to play with him in his garage....I got invited (friend of a friend type thing) once but was too intimidated to go. I should have, because I know now that despite my meager skills, I would have been welcomed.

I sure hope word gets out, and if I hear anything will post it here ASAP.

-Lance

"Hey Lance, try watch." -Ozzie
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  07:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Aloha All,
Led is truely a great player and a delightful person. To just spend a week in the same room with him is worth the price of admission, aside from the learning aspect and the fact that there are several other world class player/instructors, what a deal. Your skill level is never an issue, I have never felt more welcome. I highly reccomend this workshop. Sulle'
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  09:03:10 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Jerry, Do you think that will be in August on O'ahu?
n
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  09:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Yes Nanacy, It will be in August. Around the third week which will end with the slack key festival. I don't have the exact dates yet. Jerry
Go to Top of Page

halemu
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  1:06:53 PM  Show Profile
Auntie Maria - Aloha and thank you. I did try to email the 'contact' web address, but it was returned. We'll keep the 18th in mind.

quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Maria

No date has been announced yet -- but the Kaua`i festival has historically been held the Sunday before Thanksgiving. If Milton Lau sticks to that schedule, this year's Kaua`i festival will be held on Sunday Nov 18.

You can use the "contact" form on the Festivals' website to email Milton and ask him directly: http://www.hawaiianslackkeyguitarfestivals.com/main_page.htm

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000