Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 For vocalists: What voice part do you sing?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  5:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha,

Just wanted to start a topic for all singers in the house, including myself. I wanted to know what voice part you sing. If you're wahine you'd most likely sing soprano or alto, and if you're kane you'd probably do tenor or bass. I'm wahine, and I actually have a wide enough range that I'm a mix. I can do both soprano and alto. What's your voice part, or can you do multiple ones too?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  5:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Like most adult men, I'm a natural baritone, but I try to sing in the tenor range in order to connect with my falsetto range for Hawaiian music. It's not ideal, but if you weren't given great pipes to begin with, you just make do with what you got. Training makes a big difference in whether or not you can use the range of your voice and hit and hold notes on pitch.
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  7:15:03 PM  Show Profile
I'm low alto, but have been known to sing at least bits of 'most anything but upper soprano if absolutely required (this is my growl-to-screech range---not nice on da ear-holes!)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  08:30:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
I'm an alto but I can also sing soprano if I wanted to but I don't want to strain my voice. lol

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000