Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 hawaiian concert or CD release party you been to?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  8:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Just wanted to share a couple of concerts I been to last year.

Keali'i Blaisdell's CD release Party
I had the opportunity to attend a CD release party on Sept. 2, 2006 at Don Ho's Island Grill in the Aloha Tower Marketplace for an upcoming Hawaiian Musician/Artist by the name of Keali'i Blaisdell. I had a great time because I got to hear from different Hawaiian musicians such as Darlene Ahuna, Weldon Kekauoha, Steven Espaniola, and Moke Boy. I also got to meet Keali'i Blaisdell in person and face to face. It was truly a memorable night for me. I will cherish this moment forever.

Keali'i Reichel's Kukahi 2006 Concert
I had the opportunity to see my favorite Hawaiian Male Artist/Singer by the name of Keali'i Reichel at his Kukahi 2006 concert on Sept. 23, 2006 at the Neal S. Blaisdell Concert Hall. The concert was totally awesome, the songs that Keali'i Reichel sang gave me chicken skin (goose bumps), especially when he got up and danced with his halau Halau Hula O Kealaokamaile. Wow! This is the concert that will forever stick in my mind.

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Edited by - hawaiianmusiclover06 on 01/10/2007 4:08:23 PM

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  12:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
You are so lucky. I want to see both of them so badly. I'm going to ask around and see if anyone knows if any particular artists are doing shows on Maui at the time my 'ohana and I go there. Two years ago when we went there, we were in a haleku'ai and the salesperson told us that Keali'i Reichel did a concert on Maui the weekend before we got there. I was like, "THAT'S NOT FAIR!" I was so bummed. Maybe this year.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe

Edited by - alika207 on 01/09/2007 12:52:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  08:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Last years Luau here in Bend. We had 4 hours of wonderful music from some of the legends of Hawaiian music. Makaha Sons, George Aaron and Martin, Ken Emmerson, Bill Keale, and the Hokulea Dancers. Makaha Sons are already booked for this year, and we anticipate that Martin and the boys will be back again too. Ken Emmerson's parents and sister live here and he is hooked up with Breedlove guitars (one of our sponsors) so I feel that he will be here too. Can't wait til' August. Y'all should come!

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

Fingerpickin
Lokahi

117 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  1:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fingerpickin's Homepage
A few years ago, just when I was starting to get into slack, I heard that Ozzie Kotani was going to give a concert in the Atherton room at the Hawaii Public Radio station. He was promoting his "Paka Ua" album (one of the best slack key albums of all time, IMO)

Unfortunately by the time I heard about it, this tiny little apitheater was sold out. Fortunately I checked the web site the next day, and they had added a concert and I was able to get a ticket.

It was an incredible concert, with several guest musicians (including our very own and very talented Peter Medeiros) and the crowd was mesmerized by Ozzies playing in that small venue.

In between sets, I bought a few of Ozzies CD's and he gladly signed them for me. We got to chatting afterwards and started emailing back and forth, and after some time and patience, he agreed to take me on as a student.

Therefore, that concert has a lot of personal meeting to me; I consider it the start of my true slack key journey.

-Lance

"Hey Lance, try watch." -Ozzie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000