Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 pohakuloa
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mmccormick
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  4:15:36 PM  Show Profile
can anyone help me. i am trying to learn how to play this properly and have run into some snags. is there any tabliture for this?

thanks,
mike

Jeff Watkins
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  06:17:16 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Mike
There doesn't seem to be any tab for "Pohakuloa" by Moses Kahumoku. Karl Monetti of this forum has written a rough transcription for part of it. I play something like it in G with the guitar tuned to G, Taro root tuning. Get the CD and listen to it until you are happily crazy. Hopefully, Moses will come back soon and grace us all again with his work.

A hui hou

Jeff Watkins
Go to Top of Page

Doug Fitch
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  12:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doug Fitch's Homepage
Hi Mike,

Cool! This is the latest addition to my own repertoire too. What a beautiful song! I was just imagining it today as a duet, actually. I just play it in taro (no tabs). As far as correctness, I can't speak to that other than to say, when I play it, I try to honor the original composition accurately while not attempting to actually completely duplicate it to a perfect "t".

Also, I'm happy to announce my new website: www.dougfitchmusic.com

I hope you'll stop by. I look forward to hearing from you. When you're in Hawai'i, please look me up!

Aloha no,
Doug

Doug Fitch
fitchdoug @ yahoo.com
www.dougfitchmusic.com
http://youtube.com/user/dougfitchmusic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page