Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Radio Hula, Low G TAB
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ukupau
Aloha

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  09:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ukupau's Homepage
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone had Uke TAB or Sheet arrangement for Radio Hula Low G? I was working on Brittni Paiva's work sheet and there seems to be some notes missing ...(maybe just my old ears).

Thank you for the thread on Slack Key Uke. Ahi Wela was the first song that I learned and Mark's lesson will allow me to take it to the next level and hopefully Kanaka Waiwai as well.

Aloha from SOCAL, JohnF

Ukupau
Aloha

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  12:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ukupau's Homepage
Just realized Mark's Ahi Wela is not arranged for low G. Hmmm, Anyone have it for low G?
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  12:42:03 PM  Show Profile
John,
I have been working on this one since her workshop. I have the Sibelius G7 software and have been trying to take her handwritten, no timing, tab and make it sound OK in notation. I can send you a copy of my draft as a PDF file but it is still not right. I have been comparing the timing to a few arrangements I have for slack key and trying to remember how she played it. In the end I will most likely send it to her for her review and approval before posting it @ MBUS. Keep bugging me if I forget.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

kahealani
Akahai

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  10:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit kahealani's Homepage
Aloha,

I'll review the tab again, but I believe it's correct.
Can I help with any questions regarding what I tabbed out?

I really enjoyed meeting the group down in Encinitas!
Hope I can help with anything.

Brittni

Brittni Paiva
www.brittnipaiva.com
www.myspace.com/brittnipaiva
Go to Top of Page

Ukupau
Aloha

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  10:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ukupau's Homepage
Wahoo, we all had a great time! And, as promissed are working hard in getting the song under our finger tips. During the session you had mentioned a Low G reference. Since my Uke is set up of Low G I was trying to pursue that route.

I remember the day clearly, as I walked into the music store on Kapahulu and asked for my first uke and they asked my Low G or regular. I had no clue, a young gentleman next to me said "give him Low G and add to the excitement". And yes, it's been wonderful.

I think the other side of the promise is that you would come back again. We all look forward to that day.

Thank you Mike. I need all the help this novice can get. Still working on that flute piece for a Pupu Hino Hino duet.

Blessings, JohnF
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  12:39:20 PM  Show Profile
Brittni,
(this is Captain Mike)
Some of our ukulele players are not familiar with the song and cannot figure out the timing, pulse, and meter. I was trying to put your hand written tab into a tablature software program, G7 by Sibelius. In order to make it sound OK I have to get the pulse and meter correct. Since I have your slack key guitar piece from your CD, I also play a simpler version in taropatch G, I was trying to get the timing and phrasing just the way I remembered hearing you play it. I have a draft I can send you as a PDF.

Can you record the short tab with the vamps (not sure if you did the vamps as strums or fingerstyle) and email a .wav or .mp3 file to me. Then I can finish the full tablature with notation (the way you play it) and send back to you for your review. If it is OK, I'll send you the PDF and (G7 file if you can use it) it is yours for your future workshops. Then I'd like your permission to put the PDF file on the MBUS web site for our 230+ ukulele players.

I hope you had a good time at NAMM. Frank says he'd like to have you back in Encinitas again. We may be able to find a larger venue (without fees) and increase your take home.
Aloha Ke Akua,

Go to Top of Page

kahealani
Akahai

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  08:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit kahealani's Homepage
John - Yes, actually, I did the High G arrangement because most people use a High G. I personally favor the Low G too which I play as well. The tab could also be used with the Low G. The notes between the High and Low G tabs are the same, but with the Low G, some notes are just played an octave lower. Hope this helps!

Mike - Sure. I can record the tabbed version of Radio Hula and e-mail it to you to go with the tab.

Yes, the NAMM show was awesome! So many people, so many things to see, so little time....hehe! But it was a crazy event!!! I would highly recommend it to anyone who's able to go!

Brittni Paiva
www.brittnipaiva.com
www.myspace.com/brittnipaiva

Edited by - kahealani on 02/02/2007 09:43:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  08:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Brittni,
Mahalo Nui. I posted your tab on the Moonlight Beach Ukulele Strummers web site after you OK'd it. The PDF I sent you is yours for use with other workshops, enjoy. We will wait for your recording. Frank has encouraged the 230+ members of the ukulele group to vote for you re. Hawaiian Music Awards.
A Hui Hou,
Mike

Go to Top of Page

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  11:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
Can you share the site for the Moonlight Beach Ukulele Strummers--or is it a "private" site?

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  12:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Tonya,
The Moonlight Beach Ukulele Strummers is group of San Diego, CA area ukulele players. We maintain a yahoo groups web site primarily for group communications and our song files. We meet every Wednesday night for "KanikaPizza". We regularly get 50-100 ukulele players to sing and eat pizza/salad and have over 230 members in the group (some are out of town). You can send a request to the group owner, Frank Leong to join if you are not in the area (or even in the area). Frank will have to approve your membership request. Just tell him CAPT Mike sent you (Kapena Mika'ele).
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/MoonlightBeachUkeStrummers/
I'll add this link to the Taropatch.net [Links].

Go to Top of Page

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  12:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
Thanks--I signed up (using your name as reference) and was able to get access to the Yahoo site. I'm guessing visitors are welcome at your meetings? You folks sound like a fun bunch to put on my itinerary for my next trip to see the in-laws in Fallbrook!

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  12:49:34 PM  Show Profile
Tonya,
Please come by. Just about 30-45 minutes from Fallbrook in good traffic. Ask around and you will find me. I'm usually in the back helping new members get situated and playing along.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000