Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Slack Key Guitar Concerts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tina Eccleston
Aloha

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  07:36:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Tina Eccleston a Yahoo! Message
We are going to be on Oahu from April 14th - 21st and on the Big Island from April 21st - April 28th.

We would like to take in a couple of Slack Key Guitar Concerets and we are wondering if anyone out there can tell us where we can obtain some information.

Mahalo

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  07:56:36 AM  Show Profile
Check out Auntie Maria's concert list at Mele.com.

Led Ka'apana plays at a few venues on Oahu, check his web site for the latest.
Ray Sowders plays at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki a few nights a week, check his web site for his latest schedule.
John Keawe plays in Waikoloa and Hawi on the BI, check his web site for his latest schedule.
Chunky Monkey just compiled a list of on-island concerts for 50th state radio. You can email Chunky through this web site for details.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  08:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Kona Bob has a nice page of Big Island events at http://www.konaweb.com/musicians/events.shtml

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  8:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
It's not purely slack key, but Mike Ka`awa leads a band with Ocean Kaowili, Paul Kim & Analu Aina every Sunday afternoon, from 3:30 - 7:00, at Honey's in Kane`ohe (at the Ko`olau Golf Club) - and special guest Eddie Kamae sits in for several numbers; if you don't know Uncle Eddie - he's a living legend of Hawaiian `ukulele, not to be missed, and the credentials of the rest of the band members are mighty impressive as well. You never know who else may show up and sit in; this is the kind of all-star kanikapila that's all too rare on O`ahu these days.
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  08:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Unfortunately, Mike won't be at Honey's (or at his other cool gig at the Elks Club) during those dates, because he'll be on the mainland touring with Led. Hopefully Ocean and the gang will keep Honey's rocking, though.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  11:53:58 AM  Show Profile
You'll miss Ledward & Mike (touring California), but there's lots of good music still to be found in the absence!

The great music at Honey's continues every Sunday, even when "tours" take one or two of the musicians away.

Also good fun is the Elk's Club in Waikiki (oceanfront, across from Kapi`olani Park) -- Tuesday's 5-7pm and Fridays 7-10pm. No need to be an Elk to go -- just tell them "we're here for the music", and sign in.

O`ahu - Sun 4/15 - FREE
Pilioha
Ward Warehouse amphitheater 1pm

And two of my personal favorites -- Aunty Genoa Keawe at Waikiki Marriott Thursday evening 5pm (poolside); Jerry Santos & Friends at Hilton Hawaiian Village (Paradise Lounge) Friday & Saturday nights 8pm to 11. Be sure to also check Chai's Bistro (Aloha Tower Marketplace).

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Tina Eccleston
Aloha

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  7:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Tina Eccleston a Yahoo! Message
Thanks to everyone who replied about concerts on Oahu and BI. I am disappointed that we will miss Led. Met him last year, and he is great. I will be sure to check out Honeys and a few of the other venues you all mention.

Mahalo once again.

Tina
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000