Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 staying in Hana?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  1:17:15 PM  Show Profile
Any suggestions or inside ideas on where and how we can stay in or around Hana, after music camp without spending $500 for the night?
Besides jungle camping, or becoming one of the New Crusty Cliff Minstrels.

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  1:38:58 PM  Show Profile
Look up "duke" in the Members section. He does property mgmt in Hana and can probably turn you onto music also.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  2:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Or go to Duke's vacation rental website at

http://hanamauitravel.com/intro.html

Puna
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  05:48:09 AM  Show Profile
Check to see if you can stay at Waianapanapa cabins... very cheap/rustic, but close to ocean. Not romantic, stayed there with the kids...
n
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  5:26:09 PM  Show Profile
will check em out...
Crusty Minstrel
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  5:48:44 PM  Show Profile
probaly stying close to the middle of Maui, and drivnig back to "banyon tree". ...
but our trip is still under construction.
We fly out Wed after camp...
trying not to much rush, music is the primary directivce, beauty happens.
g
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  7:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I haven't stayed here, but I ran across it on the web and bookmarked it:

http://www.hanahale.com

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  7:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
We did the Waianapanapa cabins in 2004. Beware, the spot is a piece of paradise, just up hill from Waianapanapa beach park, but the cabins, while cheaper than any motel room in the area, were uncomfortable for a couple reasons, one, the glass windows didn't open (in Hawai'i???) and it's usually stifling hot and, two, they were really dingy. We had a choice of sleeping outside with the mosquitos or inside where it was 90 degrees.
We survived, but the pots and silverware for cooking weren't there like they said they would be and we had a hard time making anything to eat and the beds were terribly uncomfortable so we slept on the floor.
We didn't mind the geckos and noisy neighbors, but after a long day on the Hana road, we should have spent more money to stay in Hana, even though the choices are few and fairly pricey.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  06:11:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jessie,
Interesting comments on the cabins... I haven't stayed there since 1984 when I had 2 teanage boys. It sounds like they've done nothing to renovate. The beds were Army cots with decent mattresses, the kitchenette was satisfactory. The first time we were there was 35 yrs ago with my toddler and it was perfect... There was even a big supply of opihi in the freezer! If I remember correctly, it's like many homes where there are glass windows above, often that don't open, then with louvres below that open and let the breeze through. If the screens are gone, that would let the mosquitos in and I'm sure the geckos couldn't keep up.
I do hope that the state keeps the property instead of letting it be further developed, but it's a shame to let the facility rot away. I don't really know the history, but it was a nice place for families from Wailuku to come stay out Hana way for a few days. For those who didn't fly anywhere, Makena was a nice place to camp..... gosh, memories - back to when Ka'anapali was fist starting to get developed...
Gordon! It'll be good to see you this summer - - you always threaten to go east for vacation....
n
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000