Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Petaluma and SF Faith Ako
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lat21north
Aloha

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  07:18:33 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou,

If you haven't yet made up to the metropolis of Windsor to hear Faith at Kona Caffe, then maybe SF or Petaluma will be a bit closer.

March 16 and 17 will be her CD debut concerts. Details are at www.faithako.com. Mahalo to Dennis Harris of Lahaina and Healdsburg for conecting me with Faith's music. Highly recommended.

Me ka pono,

Bill

E holo mua
Bill

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  1:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
That was really one fun show. We made a special day of it, since it was my sweetie's birthday. Started out tasting sparkling wines on the Silverado trail, then cruised over to Sonoma to roam the town square and have a nice dinner. Then another cruise through the green hills to Petaluma where we found the Mystic Theater surrounded with Hawaiian music fans and Ako family and friends. A cool crew from `Ukulele Friends Ohana played "waiting in line" music, they were really picking it sweet.

Once inside we ran into some of Lynn's hula sisters who were dancing as part of the show. Then I bumped into JimC, great to catch up with him. Faith had a four man band backing her, two guitars, bass, and percussion. Faith played an 8 string uke and really drove the band with her strumming. Her singing was wonderful, solid and sweet, with a distinctive twist that made the songs she sang her own, even when they were old favorites.

I'm looking forward to cranking up her CD.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

lat21north
Aloha

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  06:41:51 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou,

Faith has added South Bay dates in April and May. Same website, www.faithako.com

Fran, next time you are playing the streets of Santa Rosa, let me know. Mele a kau kau.

Bill

E holo mua
Bill
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  11:21:12 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Fran
Was'nt Faith performing under the monkey pod tree that thursday when went to see poki? I think Wayne and Tarvan from Hauula was the artist and they invited Faith up to do a few songs with her daughter.

Malama Pono.
Kevin.....see you on Molokai.

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  05:43:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Aloha, Kevin,

When we saw Tarvin in Petaluma with Faith, Lynn and I both thought we'd seen him somewhere before. We never connected him with the monkey pod tree and Poki's show. It all clicks into place now!! Tarvin produced Faith's CD, I remember her telling us that she was recording on Maui but I never made the connection at the time.

We were surprised but Faith remembered us from that visit and gave us a warm welcome.

Moloka`i on my mind,
Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page