Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 My Hawai`i Stories
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  2:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha kakou!

One of the best parts of my vacation to Hawai`i was that I took two more surfing lessons. If you were in Lahaina you may have seen me standing on the board doing shakas. It was awesome. Also, I took a hula dancing class one day. I always have fun with that. I also went to the Old Lahaina Lu'au one night. Another good part was when I took a helicopter ride around the whole island of Maui. I sang along with all the Hawaiian songs I knew. I also got to sing "Hawai`i Aloha" 3 times with the entertainers who were featured in different places. I love Hawai`i because the island life is so relaxed, and everyone loves to wala'au with everyone. I like to do that too.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe

Edited by - alika207 on 04/29/2007 01:15:00 AM

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  8:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Sounds like you had a lot of things to keep you busy over there, yeah? I can surf too....if the board was as big as a boat. That is one thing that I wish I could do. Looks like soooo much fun. Glad you had fun.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  07:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Hau`oli la hanau, Alex!
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  11:11:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo nui loa!

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  5:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
As a kid visiting my Hawaiian family, I have many memories of Hawaii from the 1960s, including going out on Kaneohe Bay with my uncle, eating Li Hing mui until my mouth hurt and learning how to open coconut husks.
Next month I get to accompany my mother to her 50th reunion at Kamehameha Schools and that will be my next Hawaiian memory to treasure. A chance to meet na kupuna and hopefully some time for kanikapila and talk story about old Hawaii. I am studying the songs that the class of 1957 will be singing and dancing to: "Hole Waimea" and "Waika".
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  09:53:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
When I was a kid we swam and jumped of the rock in the Waimea river on Oahu. Last year, I was arguing with the attendent at the booth about not wanting to pay to visit a place from my past when a group of haoles from russia came walking down the path with long drawn looks. I could tell they were unhappy. As they left, I called them over and asked loudly what was the matter. After their complaints about the muddy water(a river mind you), the rude life gaurd and the long walk, I told the attendant that they should get a refund. The attendent resisted and the russians coward as I began to get louder and louder in front of the next group going in. The russians apologized to the attendent as she handed the 5 of them a complete refund just to shut me up. Afraid of me, the russians walked off without thanking me. Although I didn't get to jump of the rock again for free, I walked away happy as lark.

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  11:22:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
As children, my brother and I spent a lot of days hanging out in front of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. My uncle was a infamous Waikiki beach boy and he use to pick us up after school and take us with him down to the beach. Back in the late 1950's early 1960's the choices of sun protection were either Coppertone, Tanya sun tanning lotions or Coconut oil. We use to seach the beach looking for used, lost or forgotten tubes of lotion or coconut oil. One day one of the beach boys told us that coconut oil came from the tusks of the coconut. So my brother and I gathered all the coconut husks we could find in Waikiki and began systematically squeezing the water which what we thought was oil out of them. After several hours of squeezing and collecting coconut water my uncle with a big smile on his face told us that we had enough coconut oil to protect our bodys for a whole summer. As my brother happily rubbed the collected coconut H2O on his body my uncle laughed and called us a couple of "Lolos". Till this day he tells this story at family gatherings. Of course I blame my brother.

Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  11:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
You guys have lots of interesting stories to tell. I love that!

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000