Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Auntie Cathe's Birthday Kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  7:19:28 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Cathe,
sorry to miss out...
see you on Maui?
Belated, but sustained happy birthday wishes.
G and K
Pure Kane Sugar
from Colorado.
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  8:15:04 PM  Show Profile
aloha kakou

Mahalo to all the wonderful players who helped celebrate my birthday....it was fabulous. Such music!! Such kaukau! Such beautiful hula by Elana.(not to mention her eight string cutaway tenor 'ukulele) Sill and Genaro singing terrific close harmonies, and Doug with his many guitars (no change tuning, eh)All the slack key players, Hofer and Lance and Diana and Richard and Alan. I am deeply touched at the outpouring of aloha and yes, Michael, we had sun and soft breezes and came inside and kept on going after sunset. Truly, music is how your soul speaks. I am honored beyond imagining.

Yah, Michael, no need tempt me with wine, just playing with you and Mary Beth temtation enough - I'll be up there again, and will be in touch. Mahalo for your wishes.

Ummm Julie? Mebbe I lead the jump-in-the-pool-with-your-clothes-on on Maui the first time, yah, but who lead it last year? Hmmmm?

Kapila Kane and Dusty and Pua Kai, will look forward to seeing you on Maui, I will be there Friday I think. We be hoping mahimahi you be there too! Ou hui hou,

cathe
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  3:06:43 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Cathe,

Mahalo for a wonderful time. What a beautiful day, awesome music and dance, ono food, and a great occasion to celebrate! Also want to mention that Annie and John were there too (anybody else we forgot?). Eh, the buggahs who left early, missed out on some good jammin' and wonderful falsetto harmonies.

To set the record straight, I only brought two guitars (Taropatch F and C Maunaloa tunings--never like break strings tuning back and forth) and one ukulele. It seemed like more because I no shame--I was trying out everyone else's beautiful guitars: John's Hapa model Grimes, Allan's new Taylor, and of course your custom Po Mahina, which always begs me to play it :).

I enjoyed meeting the new slackers and having the pa'anis go all the way around the circle (we're getting better!)--just wished they didn't have to leave so soon. Hope to see them at future open mics and kanis at Nani's and Vacaville.

Thank you again for throwing a great party.

Doug
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000