Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 If you pray
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  8:27:18 PM  Show Profile
I am asking for help for a very good friend of mine, who has stage 4 cancer, 2 little girls and a wonderful wife. If you pray, please pray for a miracle tonight. His esophageal cancer has metastisized, and has assaulted his liver. I have been praying every night for the last few weeks, but I know sometimes when lots of people pray, miracles do happen.

And please, hug the people you love and tell them that you love them. Tonight!

My friend is 47 years old.

Thank you, Julie

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  01:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Julie! My prayers go out to you and your friend. I know that God can work miracles. Keep us updated okay. Aloha!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  05:03:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh Julie, how terrible, so young. My best friend died of exactly what you described, but he died with grace. It was only a week between diagnosis and the end; he made a party of that last week, in his apartment. Sarah and I immediately went down to DC and so did a number of his other friends, and his son flew back from Spain - with a guitar. At his insistence, we played and sang and ate and drank and told stories. We massaged him and bought him a Short Wave radio so he could hear the news from around the world all night. We all stayed with him night and day, and went with him and his wife and son to the hospice the last day when his liver couldn't take it any more and his BP dropped to zero. He was really happy that week and, if I can say this, because we all have to go, it was a blessing that the end was swift and, because of the palliative drugs and the pleasant distractions of friends and family, relatively painless.

We all remember that time with a sad smile, but a smile nevertheless.

Maybe you didn't want to hear about this kind of story, with this kind of ending, but there are miracles and there are other kinds of miracles.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  05:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Julie -

You are speaking of Chuck, yes? I have been praying for him since you first told me about the situation, and I do hope you get your miracle.

Much love,

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  4:05:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Big love to you and yours, Julie,
When it's our time, it's our time. I like to think we have all been here before, and will be again. We rarely know how or when we'll pass, or how we'll come in, so I think the greatest we can strive for is dignity, humility and humor when we dance with our death. May we all leap into Po with no regrets.
My dear freind Lin passed from cancer. She was so brave as she initially fought, and as she realized the inevitability of her fate, she was also brave telling me "This sucks!". When she lost speech and Melinda and I put a favorite shawl on her, all the wind chimes went crazy with no breeze around.
Your friend, and ohana, are in our prayers. Whatever happens, your love and healing compassion are doing good for all of us. Thank you, and bless us all.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  6:03:12 PM  Show Profile
Ke akua pu

Dave
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  06:04:53 AM  Show Profile
White light and prayers

with aloha

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  09:15:59 AM  Show Profile
Julie, you and your friends are in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that none of you are alone. And if you need someone to unload on, my e mail is on my profile. Aloha. Paul
Go to Top of Page

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  11:37:45 AM  Show Profile
Julie, you and your friend are in my prayers

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  5:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Julie,

In my prayers too. And will pray that all of our prayers are heard.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

mahimahi
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  7:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie,
I just lost a friend a week ago of prostate cancer...he had finally let go and made the transition...thinking positive energy toward your friend and his family...James
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  05:47:43 AM  Show Profile
Untimely challenges remind us of our fragility and the need to share with others. Burdens shared are halved, joys shared are doubled. Prayer lets God know we appreciate.
Go to Top of Page

Davey
Akahai

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  06:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Davey's Homepage
Prayers and healing energy from here, Julie.
Also asked a couple prayer circles to send up lots of prayers for your friend.
Davey

Edited by - Davey on 03/12/2007 06:41:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  7:29:44 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Julie, aloha kakou

Prayers have been coming your way since you told me of the situation - for him, his family, for you, for the situation of his leaving to be a perfect fit for all. Malama Pono.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  8:33:36 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, everyone, for all your prayers and your kind thoughts.

Our friend Chuck has stopped chemo, as the cancer has already metastisized into his bones, and there is no more treatment left but pain management. He may have 4 weeks left on this earth. He never did get to go to Hawai'i....

As difficult as this is to deal with, I have no doubt that this wonderful, kind, thoughtful, loving man will go to a place that is reserved for all of God's faithful creatures.

Now I pray for the family, his wife and two young daughters, that they may remember him as the fantastic human being that he is.

Thank you again, all my friends, may the sun shine upon you this day.
Julie

(Oh, and please remember to tell your loved ones that you love them, don't wait too long)

Edited by - Julie H on 03/18/2007 8:35:24 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000