Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Slack Key & Uke Workshops - Seattle
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  07:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Ahhh, April in Seattle, when a young man's fancy turns to --- mud???

Anywho, I'll be back at Dusty Strings for two days of workshops in slack key guitar and finger style `ukulele.

Saturday, April 21: Back to back Slack key guitar workshops. One billed as "Intro" the other as "Intermediate." As in the past, I'll work it so the two may be taken independantly or as a pair. We'll work on getting the right feel, making your fingers do what they ought to, hearing chord changes and learning to solo just a bit. Classic repertoire, `natch. And a great warm up for the Keola Beamer/John Keawe concert that night in Bremerton!

Sunday, April 22nd: Two Fingerstyle `Ukulele workshops. The first will feature fairly easy Hawaiian repertoire to get your fingers moving and teach how to play melodic solos. The second will be a continuation of the first, with slightly more difficult tunes. Mostly Hawaiian, but I've got a fairly ez arrangement of of a Bossa Nova standard you'll like.

Tho' I'll bring some hard stuff if a bunch of hot dogs show up. Like another bossa. This one's not so ez.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

http://www.dustystrings.com/shop/workshops-spring07.shtml
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000