Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Jeff Peterson, Bill Tapia, Makena / SoCal
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  06:44:30 AM  Show Profile
Grammy winner Jeff Peterson will be joined by Bill Tapia and local group Makena April 13th at the James Armstrong Theater in Torrance. Box Office: 310-781-7171
On April 15th the show will be at the Huntington Beach Library Theater, tickets at Island Bazaar 714-843-9350.
Tickets are $20 so don't miss this rare opportunity.
Thursday night, Jeff and Makena will be at the Borders Books in Torrance, and Saturday down at South Coast Plaza. Friday night, Led will be at McCabe's, and it looks like he will have a 3rd show in Whittier on Sunday.
Should be an overwhelming weekend!!

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  06:00:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much to Mitch Chang for bringing Jeff Peterson to Southern California! I had only heard of Jeff, and what a pleasure to see him perform. Bill Tapia was fun to have perform. Pat Enos with others is already working hard on a variety of events and venues to celebrate his 100 birthday which will be Jan 1, 2008. There will be celebrations both here an on O'ahu. If you haven't heard the sweet voices of Makena, you will be in for a real treat. They are talented musicians, writing some excellent original pieces and arranging others, while playing traditional Hawaiian music that you would all recognize. Toast plays excellent ki ho'alu, and they were joined by Jeff for their final number.
We remain a small but dedicated audience. I'm not sure how to spread our love further, but we are trying.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000