Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 New to town
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  3:47:27 PM  Show Profile
Aloha mai kakou. My spouse and I just recently moved to Bainbridge Is. and I am looking to get in touch with musicians. I already met Kory and he suggested this place. He said that you folks jam and I like come too. I play some guitar and uke and I sing. E-mail me if you like meet or something. I am from Honolulu and Mary Ann (my spouse) wanted to move closer to one of her sons. He plays pedal steel but not Hawaiian style. More like alternate country. Any way I play for the aloha of the language and the music and i look forward to meeting some of you folks.

Edited by - noeau on 05/24/2007 8:26:30 PM

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  3:51:56 PM  Show Profile
Glad you made it to the 'patch! No fo'get da jams we get in Bellevue! Also NWFolklife festival end of May. Plenty Hawaiian kine stuffs going on.
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  4:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo for the reply. I need to get details as to the dates of said jams and maybe some of the Bellevue gang can clue me in.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  5:54:26 PM  Show Profile
Look at Seattle area experiment. I think some folks holo holo from your area. I was there visiting from Cal and had a wonderful time.
n
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  10:11:07 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Al,

I couldn't help thinking that it might not be a good idea to post your phone number, only because there are some real nut cases out there. (Other than the music lovers who have been around for a while.) On this site, one can contact others through the TaroPatch email link, much safer than advertising private phonenumbers.

As a woman, I am increasingly wary of unwanted and prank calls, etc.

Glad to see you joined us. Julie
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2007 :  9:22:19 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo Julie. I am kinda new to this kine stuff. I foget dis not Hawai'i.

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2007 :  9:23:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah neej responded and I am coming to the next jam.

Go to Top of Page

Hilinai
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  08:24:55 AM  Show Profile
Aloha,

Welcome to the patch! Are you guys from Hawaii? (We're from Oahu and moved here 22 years ago.) Sorry I missed you at Jean's the other day - I was unfortunately still in Korea recovering from food poison.

What kind of hawaiian music are you into? I like the oldies my self but some new ones too. I like really sweet pretty tunes and if they are not, then I just make them sweet and pretty. I get some flack over that - but no matter, no badah me.

Anyway love to meet you all soon.

Hope to see you at the next Kani.

Aloha.

Hili
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  08:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
My spouse and I just recently moved to Bainbridge Is. and I am looking to get in touch with musicians.

Aloha -

Eric Strout and Linda Bohanan (also known as Puna & Keonaona) live on Bainbridge. Both have been serious students of Hawaiian culture and I'm sure they'd love to meet ya when they get back from an extended trip. Eric sings like an angel once you coax it out of him.

They are in the book... tell 'em I sent ya.

I met another slacker from Bainbridge at one of my workshops, but failed to get his contact info.

Yr matchmaking pal,

Mark

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  09:06:50 AM  Show Profile
Yo mark I met them at a Suquamish fundraiser that featured Keola and Carlos. We sat at the same dinner table. A pleasant coincidence. By the way I cheked Guadalupe strings but I didn't see low g tenor sets available.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000