Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Hapa song...help me find it
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tahitijack
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  2:56:01 PM  Show Profile
I have this Hapa song playing in my head and can not remember the name. Its in English and is about saying good-bye to or loss of an old friend. As we all know when a song gets stuck the only cure is to know its name, find it and play it out. Help me...

Happy Sunsets

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  5:50:03 PM  Show Profile
How'zit Tahitijack...I thought I was going to be able to help you out finding out that one song by Hapa. The only one that came to my mind was Ku'u lei Awapuhi... Then you said it was in english. Sorry! That's probably not the song your trying to remember. I know for sure tho, Taropatch Ohana have someone who may already know which one!

"slackkey" Bill (Maui, Hawaii)
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  7:45:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Is it "Ku'u Home 'O Kahalu'u"?
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  05:03:39 AM  Show Profile
Is it possible that the song is not by Hapa? Your description makes me think of "Goodbye, My Friend" by Keali'i Reichel off of his Ke'alaokamaile CD
Go to Top of Page

tahitijack
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  5:07:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to all. I went through most of my 80 cds of slack key music before finding it.... It was not Hapa after all it was Makana and his Song For Sonny (Chillingworth). Now I can get some sleep and focus on the real world.

Happy Sunsets
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  11:24:14 PM  Show Profile
How'zit Tahiti Jack! I'm glad you were able to find the song. I recall Makana's tribute to his mentor Sonny Chillingworth It was a special gift too, that Sonny gave him...the Takamine Guitar that was later stolen from him. The first time I heard Makana was during a "Bankoh Kiho'alu Festival" here on Maui. Well, again I'm glad you were able to find that song For sure now you can relax, and perhaps learn how to play it, or maybe you already do!

"slackkey" Bill (Paia, Maui)
Go to Top of Page

tahitijack
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  08:10:52 AM  Show Profile
Bill, its....just going fine. I've seen Makana a couple of times. My wife likes the cds but does not like the live show. A couple of years ago he finished the second set with contemporary songs that were more toward todays pop music side (Creed, Dave Mathews, Nickelback etc.), which she did not like. Slack key playing calls for much re-tuning but he seemed to spend more time on this than others. I'm for perfection but slack key is a little foregiving. For me he has a beautiful voice and talent for playing that put him in my favorites list.

Happy Sunsets
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000