Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 E-bay feedback
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  4:06:27 PM  Show Profile
E-bay will allow lies in feedback. They just told me this today.

Vendors know this and some will threaten to return bad feed back on you if you do not retract your negative feedback. This is how they can maintain a high percentage. I also found out that they can lie because it is not against e-bays policy to post lies. Only to use profanity.

quote:
Though we're disappointed whenever a member receives negative Feedback
that he or she believes is undeserved, eBay will not remove it unless we
are presented with a valid court order stating that the comment is
slanderous, libelous, defamatory or otherwise illegal. eBay doesn't
remove Feedback without a court order, even if a member believes it is
false, unfair, or harmful to his or her name, character, or reputation.

So when you find a negative feedback, you can be sure that the customer really wanted to leave it and may have suffered vindictive and untrue retribution in return.

So some vendors, like "audiochief", will try to bully the purchaser inot retracting and will in fact leave untrue feedback aginst you such as "vendor alert, this customer is a fraud".
It just happened to me because I refused to retract.

You should know this about audiochief, and e-bay.
Bob

Bob

Edited by - RWD on 05/10/2007 5:04:01 PM

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  7:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Ebay is a minefield. I have bought many things and sold quite a bit, too. But people get scammed all the time and Ebay doesn't care. I don't buy anything from anyone with less than 100 feedback and never less than 99 percent positive or higher. As a dealer, there's always someone you can't please, but I've always refunded 100 percent of purchase and shipping to keep people happy.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Davey
Akahai

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  06:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Davey's Homepage
Next time, save yourself a step, Jesse, and just call me with your best price on one of your hand-made ukuleles. I'll even come pick it up.
Davey
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  07:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Sorry to hear about your bad experience but thanks for sharing it here. By standing up, you may alert potential buyers of what happened to you.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  07:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
I don't buy anything from anyone with less than 100 feedback

Well, that would leave me out, and my wife, and just about every honest person I know who makes use of the service from time to time.

In my case, I'm actually more concerned with the guys who do nothing else but sell crap on e-bay and rack up hundreds and hundreds of positive feedbacks.

As Bob pointed out, it is all too common for someone to bully you into leaving positive feedback. Annie had some sleazebag try it on her. We held our ground & went through the e-bay conflict resolution process for months until he finally gave up. So you can fight back. Sorta.

Bottom line -- ya pays yer dime and ya takes yer chance.

I always look at what the feed back actually says, what else the seller is selling, and, if I can, ask lotsa questions and inist on at least a 24 hour trial for big ticket items. I also make sure I can pay with a credit card or Paypal for more protection (didn't with that dang book, and I've got a very bad feeling about it, Chewy.)

Edited by - Mark on 05/11/2007 07:29:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  08:10:50 AM  Show Profile
quote:
E-bay will allow lies in feedback. They just told me this today.
OF COURSE!! There is no practical way to tell the difference between Truth and Lies. Even small claims courts have trouble telling the difference. Certainly Ebay has no means to enforce such a thing, unless there are overwhelming complaints or court rulings to allow them to "discontinue" a "seller". However, the seller can then just re-register under another name and start over. (Gee... just like real life ain't it?)

I have been lucky and have had good results with the few purchases I made off EBay (years ago), but I have had several BAD EXPERIENCES with Amazon so I avoid both EBay and Amazon these days.

Usually the (more or less) reputable vendors on EBay can also be contacted by other routes (such as directly), and I prefer to go direct as much as possible these days. I also buy strictly with Credit Card (no ATM cards and NO PAYPAL), because the Federal and State legal protections are MUCH stronger for Credit Cards. (There are NO federal legal protections for ATM cards and none for the Cayman Island based PayPal either!!, it is up the the "whim" your bank, or PayPal, for any protection they feel like giving)

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 05/11/2007 08:14:00 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000