Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 (Keali`i Blaisdell) Message From His Wife...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

kealiiblaisdell
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit kealiiblaisdell's Homepage  Click to see kealiiblaisdell's MSN Messenger address
Aloha everyone-
My name is Korrie, Keali`i Blaisdell's wife. About a month ago, my husband had a stroke and it affected his right side of his body and has lost a great portion of his memory. He has been going thru some therapy and has dramatically improved and he has regained function of his right side and his speech has also improved. However, he still cannot remember alot of things.

We are trying to move back home to Maui, he wants to leave next week and I will meet him there in August. He asked me to come here today to apologize for not responding to anyone who knows him either here in the patch or on myspace. Earlier today he spoke to Timmy (Aloha Island Grill), whom he does remember and I am so grateful that he has friends like Timmy. My husband however, cannot remember being a Hawaiian Entertainer, forgot how to play a guitar, and even speak Hawaiian. He is going thru a very difficult time, we both are, and I would like to ask that you keep us in your prayers.

If anyone would like to call him, and show your support ou may email him @ kealiiblaisdell @ hotmail.com

Sincerely-

Korrie Blaisdell

Edited by - kealiiblaisdell on 05/01/2007 1:06:13 PM

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  09:29:42 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Korrie

I am so sad to hear this news. My family and I will of course keep you and Keali'i in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for letting us know what has happened and please do keep us updated on how you and he are doing. We wish you well.

Me ke aloha,

Debbie B
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  09:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Oh no! That's so tragic. So, so, sorry to hear this news. I know that there are some here that have wondered why we haven't heard from Keali'i. It is so sad to find that this is the reason. We can only hope that one so talented and dedicated to the Hawaiian culture can regain what he has lost and loved. My heart goes out to you, Keali'i, and your 'ohana.

One of our Keale Luau family members has recently suffered a stroke after undergoing brain surgery. Through hard work and therapy she is improving weekly. Do not underestimate the value of this work and realize that progress can be slow. We have been told that it may take a year to see how much she will recover. So what you see now, is in no way what you will see in a years time. I hope that is of some encouragement for the two of you. Be patient, better things are ahead.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  10:28:40 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Korrie,

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

--Mark
Go to Top of Page

keneke ka
Akahai

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  11:33:57 AM  Show Profile
My prayers will be for a fast and complete recovery...May your faith help get you through these tough times.....God Bless
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  11:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
I am very sad to hear the news and somewhat shocked on how quickly this happened. My prayers and total support goes out to Keali'i and I hope he makes a complete recovery.
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  12:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Korrie,
Thank you for posting about Keali'i! I am still shocked at this news. Makes me think how it could happened to such a young person. He's only 34 years old. Makes me think about my own life because I am 31 years old. I will try and call Keali'i and support him and email him on hotmail. I will definitely keep you and Keali'i in my prayers. I hope and pray that he will make a full recovery! I will add him to my list of prayers. I been thinking about Keali'i everyday and I been saying my prayers to God for his continue health. Take care and God Bless!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  1:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha nui. This is Alex (or Alika.) Some of you know me. I just wanted to say that Keali'i will always be in my prayers. I will always wish him the best. I always have his two CD's playing in my bedroom, and I even sing along with them. Mahalo for letting us know what he has been going through. A hui hou.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  2:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kaua Korrie,

My prayers are with you and Keali`i. I was fortunate to open for him and Darlene Ahuna in Santa Cruz. I got some quality time with him and he was very encouraging to me about my playing and achieving my musical goals. Inside, there is still a lovely man. His inner strenght will shine through.

Ke akua pu,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  3:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Im so sorry to hear this, always enjoy reading Keali'is posts, will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery, and hope to see him posting and making music again, Lee.

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  8:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Korrie,

Thank you so much for sharing Keali'i's condition with us. I know it must have been difficult for you. You will find that many of us here at TaroPatch Ohana care deeply for our fellow travelers on this journey called life.

Can we be of support to you and Keali'i financially? Sometimes we can't say the right words, but a helping hand is priceless at challenging times like these. I assume you have many expenses with the move back home. If you can email me your address via this website I will do what I can.

With much aloha, and please give my regards to Keali'i. We met at the Santa Cruz Attic show.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  11:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Korrie,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear this news and pray that Keali`i and your family will recover and get through this very difficult time.

Much aloha.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  05:53:42 AM  Show Profile
Aloha mai e Korrie,

We are so sorry to hear about Keali'i and hope that he soon recovers. He has so much talent and so much to contribute. Our hearts go out to you and your 'ohanas.

aloha no,
Sarah & Reid
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  06:52:38 AM  Show Profile

There is nothing more I can add that others here have not said. I never knew Keali'i but I am sending you both best wishes for speedy recovery. I have often thought about what it would be like if I had a stroke and what trials my wife would have to go through. It is good that you are proceeding forward on your plans to give you something to focus upon other than the work and pain of recovery.

...Lawrence

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 04/30/2007 06:55:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  07:26:41 AM  Show Profile
Our family's prayers and aloha to yours

Jim
http://www.ohanahulasupply.com
Go to Top of Page

kealiiblaisdell
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  08:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit kealiiblaisdell's Homepage  Click to see kealiiblaisdell's MSN Messenger address
Thank you all for your kind words and support. He also says thank you and apologizes for not remembering anything or anyone, but im sure in time he will. I have been doing alot of research on his condition, the doctors have told him that he had a mild debilitating stroke. But mild or not, it's still hard on him. He tries to force himself to remember things and he gets frustrated at times. I just think it would be best to move back home for him to familiarize himself all over again. He's no quitter, and neither am I. I constantly play his CD for him to see if that would jog his memory, but so far nothing. Im sure it will comeback to him. Just in time.

Thank You all for your support of my husband...

Korrie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000