Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 (Keali`i Blaisdell) Message From His Wife...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  08:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I forgot to also say, "Please let us know if there is anything our online community can do to help."

A friend in need is a friend indeed. And we've got a great bunch of friends (more than 1500) here.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  4:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by kealiiblaisdell

Thank you all for your kind words and support. He also says thank you and apologizes for not remembering anything or anyone, but im sure in time he will. I have been doing alot of research on his condition, the doctors have told him that he had a mild debilitating stroke. But mild or not, it's still hard on him. He tries to force himself to remember things and he gets frustrated at times. I just think it would be best to move back home for him to familiarize himself all over again. He's no quitter, and neither am I. I constantly play his CD for him to see if that would jog his memory, but so far nothing. Im sure it will comeback to him. Just in time.

Thank You all for your support of my husband...

Korrie

Aloha Korrie,
Its me Alana, one of your husband's fan. Keali'i and I talked online and on the phone today. It was great hearing his voice. He sounds good and I will be calling him more often to see how he is doing. I am pulling for you and Keali'i. I am so sad that you are going thru this difficult time but I am praying and pulling for you both. keep us updated with his condition. Take care and God bless you and remember you have an online community called the patch who cares. Let us know if we can do anything to help. Take care and God bless, you are both always in my prayers.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

kealiiblaisdell
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  6:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit kealiiblaisdell's Homepage  Click to see kealiiblaisdell's MSN Messenger address
thank you everyone. im sry that i cant remeber but i thank you all. i am tryng hard so bare with me. thank you
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  7:13:53 PM  Show Profile
Korrie,
Don't know if you got my email .... I have done a lot of post stroke memory rehab, and I can get you a workbook with a system for bringing back memory that I have found more successfull than most others - if you want it. Drop me a line through taropatch and if you don't hear from me in a day or two, it means I didn't get it. If I don't hear from you I will assume you and K are using another method. Whatever you do, don't give up - I don't know the kind and extent of cell damage, but I have seen some people with very severe strokes get back a reasonable amount of memory - and the kind of memory involved in playing an instrument or singing tends to be some of the most responsive to therapy.
In either case, our prayers and best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  7:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Keali`i & Korrie:

Thank you for keeping us included in what's happening - and know that there are a LOT of people (here on TaroPatch and other boards, discussion groups, etc.) who are sending you their best wishes for recovery.

I had the honor of having a lengthy phone conversation with Keali`i back in February - the first and only time I've spoken with him. We talked at first about business (licensing his music for Muzak's Hawaiian program), then about his upcoming third album, and then we went into many tangential discussions about his songwriting (and reactions to it), as well as the wonderful musicians who have been a part of his life.

I don't know if he'll remember any of that, but I hope I always will - and I am also hopeful that Keali`i will be successful in restoring his memory, rebuilding his life, and resuming his talented career.

He may not remember just yet - so we will hold on to as many memories as we can, until he is ready for them again.

=Gregg=
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  11:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Korrie and Keali'i,
Hey its Timmy. I just want to let you two know that you are not just in my prayers but in the prayers of MANY MANY... I talked to Kumu Na'ilima in Hilo at the University and he has put you folks in his prayer request at his church. As well as the countless others out there reading this... Lets continue to pray for this Ohana and lend a hand in ANY way possible!

Keali'i is an amazing musician and friend... I am honored and blessed to know that he has memory of "me" of all people...

Ke akua pu, malma pono ku'u na hoa nui, a hui hou,
Timmy
Go to Top of Page

kealiiblaisdell
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  1:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit kealiiblaisdell's Homepage  Click to see kealiiblaisdell's MSN Messenger address
Thank you all very much for your kindness and support of my husband. He has received several of your emails that I have read to him and he says thank you also. It is difficult, but we push on through it and move on ahead. Im so blessed that he has wonderful friends and I just want to thank each and everyone of you for all of your support!

Thank You!

Korrie
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  3:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Korrie and Keali'i,
Thank you and aloha for keeping us all updated. Tell Keali'i to hang in there even though at times it can be fustrating but never to give up on hope because he has a wonderful community called the patch to support him in anyway. I am so glad that I had the honor of seeing him perform when he came to Hawai'i September of 2006. He's a great guy and he is constantly in my prayers every night. I'm so blessed that I gotten to know Keali'i as a friend. Tell him I probably give him a call later on. Keep pushing on and fighting the good fight. God bless.

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  5:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message

Aloha kakou!
Just wanted everyone to know that Timmy and I have been talking about a way to provide kokua to Keali`i and Korrie (everyone on my Hawaiian Events calendar list has been asking what they can do, too!), and we came up with a plan.

(I've already emailed Keali`i and Korrie about this, and Keali`i called me a little while ago and we had a long talk on the phone...)

They are in desperate need of our help financially - I'm talking IMMEDIATE need. Rent needs to be paid, and medical bills, and... So what I'm going to do (besides send a personal check tomorrow) is to launch my business website earlier than planned (it's an online-only retail store with Hawaiian merch - and it's not all done yet!). I'm creating a page entitled "Kokua for Keali`i" where people will be able to donate anything from $1 on up. 100% of those funds will go to Keali'i and Korrie.

Also, I was in touch with Marilyn at PHMD today, and I'm hoping to get a shipment of Keali`i's CD "Keeping It Traditional" ASAP. I'll add it to my product line and donate 100% of the profit from every sale of the CD to Keali`i and Korrie.

I'm hoping I can get my website launched within the next day or two (yeh, I'm kind of a dork sometimes when it comes to web stuff), but if any of you would like to send a check right away, give me a call or drop me an email. I'm in Sacramento, CA right now - my cell phone number is 916-813-8796. My personal email address is honubeach @ sbcglobal.net and the business email address is mkaloha @ sbcglobal.net

(I'll send the link to my website as soon as it's up.)

Even though I rarely post, I read all the time - and I know how much aloha there is among taropatchers! Keali`i asked me to thank everyone for their kokua. (He is trying so incredibly hard - he did a great job on the phone, and I have to tell you, I treasure that call beyond words!) He said they don't know how they'll repay us, and I told him that the best repayment would be for him to make a full and speedy recovery so that he can share his music with us once again. I know you all agree!

Mahalo nui kakou!!!

Lynn

Lynn
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  06:53:34 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Lynn. As you know, people can donate at next Tuesday's Open Mic http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5120

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  07:55:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! I just got back on Taropatch... I am so sorry, just like everyone else and pray for his strong recovery. Meeting him at the Attic in September was very special as he explained that he writes all of his own music and that is what he plays and records. And it is all in the old Hawaiian tradition. The one thing that I am glad of for Keali'i is that he can speak. He is very frustrated of course, but he is able to share.
Thanks to all of you who have set up conduits for financial aid.
Aloha nui,
nancy
Go to Top of Page

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  6:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message

Aloha kakou!

The donation website for Keali`i and Korrie is up and running!

I want to say MAHALO NUI LOA to Jon Yamasato for his wonderful email last night!!! (Jon, you have my undying gratitude - you are the BEST!)

Jon told me about a website a friend of his created called "ChipIn" that allows anyone to set up a web page to collect donations. Using the ChipIn site was MUCH faster than trying to get my own website launched, and it allows people to start donating immediately (plus we can all see how much has been donated!)

Here's the link:
http://kokuaforkealii.chipin.com/kokua-for-kealii-blaisdell

(Please forward the link to everyone you think might be interested!)

I want to thank those of you who have emailed me about helping Keali`i. Your aloha is VERY much appreciated. (E kala mai if I haven't gotten back to all of you yet - I'm working on it right now!)

Mahalo nui loa, everyone!

Lynn

Lynn
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  7:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Keali'i and Korrie, Just wanted to let you know I put both of you down on my prayer list for my group bible study that I belong to. We prayed for Keali'i last night during prayer time. Take care and keep us updated please. If you need anything, please email me here. Mahalo!

Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  10:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
I am definitely going to make a donation.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  10:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
I am definitely going to make a donation too because Keali'i deserve it! Best of luck for a speedy recovery!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000