Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 You all know what today is, don't you?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  06:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha,

Just wanted to let you guys know that today, Bruddah Israel Kamakawiwo'ole would be 48 years old. We will all miss him and think of him whenever we hear, sing, or play his music.

Hau'oli La Hanau, e Iz!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  07:44:34 AM  Show Profile
The newest Israel CD -- Wonderful World -- releases June 26:
http://www.mele.com/music/artist/israel+%22iz%22+kamakawiwo%60ole/

Recordings released before, but now with orchestral arrangements added.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  08:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Our friends just returned from Oahu. They brought back the "Iz - The Man and His Music" DVD. We all watched it together last night. What great entertainment! What fun! First time I'd ever seen him perform. I was left with the impression that not only was he a very talented indivdual, he was also a very nice person who was proud of his heritage and loved making music. Definetly had a sense of humor. The scene at the end where he sings Hawaii Aloha with all the local folk holding hands and singing along couldn't help but stir the emotions. At the end of the DVD it showed his date of birth and death. We all realized that we were watching this on the eve of his birthday...certainly touched our hearts.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!

Edited by - Podagee57 on 05/20/2007 09:02:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  06:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Auntie Maria: Are any of the songs on this new CD previously unreleased versions? All of the mele are ones that Iz has already recorded. They are all wonderful mele and indeed worthy of listening to, but if they are the same versions as on the other CDs, I don't know what Mountain Apple would hope to accomplish by re-releasiing them.

Podagee -- I have all of the Iz DVDs. They are all good, but you are absolutely right about watching everyone holding hands and singing Hawai`i Aloha -- definite chicken skin. Iz was not a perfect man, by any means, but his mana was great, and that mana is still touching us.

I hope his family is faring well.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 05/21/2007 06:42:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  11:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
I would have written something two days ago, but I was really pa'ahana (busy). So yeah, two days ago was his 49th!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000