Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Ala Moana music concerts online
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  05:26:19 AM  Show Profile
For Immediate Release:
HONOLULU, OAHU, HAWAII —Starting June 19, live entertainment will only be a click away as Ala Moana Hotel launches a new concert series at Ala Moana Hotel’s Pakele Lounge that will be streamed via the Internet.

The concert series runs weekly from June 19 through July 31 and each show will feature several of Hawaii’s top musicians performing a 30-40 minute set for an exciting two-hour live show. Anyone in the world with a computer and high speed connection can watch the shows, which will be broadcast over the web at www.AlohaVideo.tv. Through this exciting partnership with AlohaVideo.TV and LavaNet, Inc., Ala Moana Hotel is committed to spreading the aloha spirit with Hawaiian music and talent to the local market and the World Wide Web.

To launch the series, the June 19 show will feature 2007 Na Hoku Hanohano Award Nominees Pekelo from the island of Maui; PALI; and multiple Na Hoku Hanohano Award winners Randy Lorenzo and ‘the’ Aunty Genoa Keawe. The show starts at 5:30 p.m. An upcoming concert will showcase the winners of the 2007 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards. Future concerts will be held on Wednesdays with performers to be announced in the coming week. Seating will be limited.

The concert series will be hosted on the following websites: Ala Moana Hotel’s website: AlaMoanaHotel.com, AlohaVideo.TV’s website: www.alohavideo.tv, LavaNet, Inc.’s website: www.lava.net, J-wave's Colors of Hawaii Site: http://www.j-wave.co.jp/blog/mp_hawaii/ and the Hawaii Slack Key Festival site: http://www.slackkeyfestival.com/.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  5:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
Concert webcast starts in a few minutes! I checked and the video looks great.

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  6:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Such beautiful music! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Jesse
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  7:33:03 PM  Show Profile
My laptop has just been turned into a flying carpet!! Randy Lorenzo is one of my favorites. Can't wait for Auntie to do her set. Thank you to all involved in bringing this about. This has the potential to become a classic series.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  6:42:56 PM  Show Profile
Whew -- I almost forgot to watch this one tonight! Justin Young opened tonight's show; Na Kama's on stage now; Holunape will close:
http://www.alohavideo.tv

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  5:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for letting us know about these concerts. Mahalo!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000