Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 HAWAIIAN SLACK KEY GRAMMY WINNERS ON TOUR IN CA.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  10:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message

FATHER AND SON DUOS- 2007 Grammy winners GEORGE KAHUMOKU and DENNIS KAMAKAHI along with their sons 2007 Grammy Winner KEOKI KAHUMOKU and 2007 Grammy Nominated DAVID KAMAKAHI present a series of concerts in CA. For more information go to:

www.myspace.com/denniskamakahi
www.denniskamakahiproductions.com
www.lochtefeldagency.com
www.hawaiimusiclive.com

Artist: “Hawaiian Generations” featuring George and Keoki Kahumoku and Dennis and David Kamakahi.

Date and show time: Wednesday, July 11 @ 8pm
Venue name and address: KUUMBWA JAZZ CENTER w/Dennis and David Kamakahi and Keoki Kahumoku.
320 Ceder Street, Santa Cruz, CA
Tickets $17Adv, $19 at the door.
Info: 831-427-2227
Tickets available at Streetlight Records, Aloha Island Grill and at www.ticketweb.com
For Show info visit http://www.kuumbwajazz.org/

Date and show time: Thursday, July 12 @ 8:00PM
Venue name and address: Palms Playhouse 13 Main Street, Winters, CA 95694
Web: http://www.palmsplayhouse.com
Ticket info line: (530) 758-8058
Ticket purchasing info: http://www.palmsplayhouse.com/palmtick.html
Ticket Price: $20

Date and show time: Friday, July 13th @ 8:00pm
Venue name and address: The Freight and Salvage, 1111 Addison St. Berkeley, CA
Ticket price: $19.50 Advance/ $20.50 Door
Ticket/info line: (510) 548-1761 info @ freightandsalvage.org
Ticket outlets: www.ticketweb.com (866) 468-3399

Date and show time: Saturday, July 14th @ 8:00pm
Venue name and address: Gray Pine Farm, Oak Run, CA 96069
Ticket info line: (530) 472-3065 Web ticket/info: www.oaksongs.com
Ticket Outlet: Bernie’s Guitar Inc., Redding, CA (530) 223-2040
Oak Run Country Store (530) 472-1029
Ticket Price: $22 Adv., $25 at the door

Date and show time: Sunday, July 15, 2007, Time: Check festival website
Venue name and address: California World Festival at the Fairgrounds in Grass Valley, CA.
Ticket info line: (530) 891-4098 Ticket web: http://www.worldfest.net/

Edited by - naukilo on 07/07/2007 10:09:41 AM

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  2:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
'Ey howzit Uncle? Will definitely try and make it to one of these performances. Mahalo plenty...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  4:06:39 PM  Show Profile
Uncle Dennis - boo-hoo...no Cleveland, Ohio? Bobby Ingano likes come here fo' da corn on da cob.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  07:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Uncle Dennis - boo-hoo...no Cleveland, Ohio? Bobby Ingano likes come here fo' da corn on da cob.

Look for a 2008 swing through Chicago and possibly Wolftrap, VA. Maybe a stop in Cleveland could be considered.

Aloha,
Uncle D
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  08:02:32 AM  Show Profile
Cleveland would be swell. I bet the Kent Stage would be a good venue. I'll bet we could get da whole hula club to go...but even if you no get to Cleveland, we would go Chicago or Wolf Trap. Can't let you get that close without seeing you. If you come, we'll take you to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. You'd get a kick out of it.

Regards to the `ohana...congrats to David on his engagement.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  08:04:38 AM  Show Profile
Uncle,
would love to see you guys together, but, alas, not this time. Any S. Cal plans in the making? You're always welcome here.
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  2:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Uncle Dennis, Pehea 'oe? I wish I could you in concert on July 11 but I will be stuck at home because I gotta work. boo-hoo :( Oh well, I hope to see you perform one day. Long time I never heard from you. Hope to see you on AIM again.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  3:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by chunky monkey

Uncle,
would love to see you guys together, but, alas, not this time. Any S. Cal plans in the making? You're always welcome here.

Hey wassup Terry,

Everything is in the next year catagory. Didn't want to travel too much this year. Doing a lot of local events in Hawaii as well as 3 slack key camps two in November on the Big Island and of course Keoki Kahumoku's Camp in Pahala. I'll be teaching there Dec. 2nd - Dec. 8th.

Susie Kagami and Charley Lochtefeld now doing bookings for David, Keoki, Herb, and myself. Looking for a lot of travel in 2008 w/new CDs coming out by David and myself.

Will keep you posted.

Aloha,
UNCLE D
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  3:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusiclover06

Aloha Uncle Dennis, Pehea 'oe? I wish I could you in concert on July 11 but I will be stuck at home because I gotta work. boo-hoo :( Oh well, I hope to see you perform one day. Long time I never heard from you. Hope to see you on AIM again.

No problemo.....hehehe......Santa Cruz is like my third home. SF being my second. Looking forward to playing the KUUMBWA JAZZ CENTER. My first time playing there was with Eddie Kamae in the early 1980's with the Sons of Hawaii presenting Eddie's first film about Sam Lia . Kinda miss Palookaville..............that was another place with good memories not to mention the Crow's Nest Bar and Margaritaville in Capitola....them were the drinking days...LOL...of course Don Quixote's in Felton is always a good place to play too as well as the Seabright Brewery where George Kuo and I would sample the brewskies there...OH YEAH !!!....many songs were written there while chatting with the locals....... I'm looking forward to a brief pass through SC before heading North to Winters the morning after the KUUMBWA concert.

Aloha,
UNCLE D

Edited by - naukilo on 07/03/2007 3:24:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  5:17:40 PM  Show Profile
Dear Uncle Dennis,

Since we live in Santa Cruz, we were really looking forward to your concert, but alas, we won't get the chance. My wife is having surgery that day, so we are going to miss the show. Please come back to Santa Cruz soon, and please say a prayer for my wife Denise.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  6:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by markwitz

Dear Uncle Dennis,

Since we live in Santa Cruz, we were really looking forward to your concert, but alas, we won't get the chance. My wife is having surgery that day, so we are going to miss the show. Please come back to Santa Cruz soon, and please say a prayer for my wife Denise.

Prayers going out to her speedy recovery.....

Aloha,
UNCLE D
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  6:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo for the response and the prayers. Hope you have a wonderful time in Santa Cruz.

Aloha,

Norman and Denise

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  8:44:11 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm, Dennis,

I could have sworn that place was called Pakaloloville. Oh well.

I miss it as well, it was a good size venue. Too bad it went belly up. See you at Kuumbwa.

Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  01:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Julie H

Hmmm, Dennis,

I could have sworn that place was called Pakaloloville. Oh well.

I miss it as well, it was a good size venue. Too bad it went belly up. See you at Kuumbwa.

Aloha, Julie

HAHA....good one.... The sound man there was awesome..........as well as the sound system. I hope someone's writing about these places in a book.

Aloha,
Dennis
Go to Top of Page

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  04:33:58 AM  Show Profile
Uncle,

Good to see you guys back on the road. We will back from B.I on the 12th, see you at the Freight on th 13th.

Nice to see you have hooked up with Susie. Hard working girl.

Jim
http://www.ohanahulasupply.com

Edited by - JimC on 07/04/2007 04:52:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  2:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by naukilo

quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusiclover06

No problemo.....hehehe......Santa Cruz is like my third home. SF being my second. Looking forward to playing the KUUMBWA JAZZ CENTER. My first time playing there was with Eddie Kamae in the early 1980's with the Sons of Hawaii presenting Eddie's first film about Sam Lia . Kinda miss Palookaville..............that was another place with good memories not to mention the Crow's Nest Bar and Margaritaville in Capitola....them were the drinking days...LOL...of course Don Quixote's in Felton is always a good place to play too as well as the Seabright Brewery where George Kuo and I would sample the brewskies there...OH YEAH !!!....many songs were written there while chatting with the locals....... I'm looking forward to a brief pass through SC before heading North to Winters the morning after the KUUMBWA concert.

Aloha,
UNCLE D

Great to hear from you Uncle Dennis! Hope that you will have a great time there. Tell me all about it. Me ke aloha pumehana, e malama pono, ke akua pu.

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000