Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Led on www.alohavideo.tv right now
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  5:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Looks like Pilioha is going to be backing him up.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  5:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the heads up! I am watching now. Just in time for one song and hana hou.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  6:35:30 PM  Show Profile
What a treasure Led is.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  6:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, Uncle Led is on now. And Fran got a shout out from the host.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  7:15:17 PM  Show Profile
Nice shout out for you Andy, gettin kinda late back in NJ ,huh?

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  7:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, it's 1:24am. These guys are getting me in trouble. How can I go to bed with this show going on? And I want to see taropatcher shakabrah join Uncle Led on stage.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  06:10:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
I don't know how late you made it, Andy, but Ivan came on after 11:00 Pacific Time, 2:00 AM your time.

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

bigwave
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  06:36:08 AM  Show Profile
How late did it last? I finally went to bed around 11:30 California time because I was falling asleep in front of the screen. Too bad it was not on a Friday because I would have made a big pot of coffee and hung in there.

--Dave

--Dave
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  08:35:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
It was all pau at midnight.

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  09:10:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Fran Guidry

I don't know how late you made it, Andy, but Ivan came on after 11:00 Pacific Time, 2:00 AM your time.
I can usually stay up late but sadly I ran out of gas. Bummer! I did get to see Hwn Boy for one song.

I fell asleep with my laptop on the bed, me propped up by 3 pillows. My neck was sore this morning.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  11:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I didn't get to see it all, but it was certainly a treat. Wow. The way Led can back anyone up and never play a wrong note or an out-of-place phrase is just amazing.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  12:24:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jesse . . . just to minimize the jealousy-factor, I must confess I slept though this event . . . and it took place less than 10 minutes from my pillow! I guess the Japan-jet-lag got the better of me . . . but I recovered in time to catch a great show by Weldon Kekauoha that same night. Then yesterday it was Maunalua . . . followed by Pilioha . . . and then a bit of late night jamming with some interesting folks on Kalakaua. This afternoon I'll see Led at the Royal Hawaiian, then spend the evening with Jerry Santos/Olomana. Tomorrow is the ukulele festival at Kapiolani Park . . . and then . . . and then . . .

I'll try to give a better report upon my return!

Aloha!
Don/Doc/Cookie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000