Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Save Ahu`ena Heiau on Big Island
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  06:48:47 AM  Show Profile
The hurricane and earth quakes may not be as dangerous to the island of Hawai`i as what is being perpetrated regarding this heiau. Please support the preservation of the heiau and the rights of Hawaiians to preserve their cultural identity in whatever way you can. The Hawai`i State Constitution has statutorally protected this right, yet the corporation owning the hotel is very obviously ignoring this statute.

Fact sheet about Ahu`ena Heiau: http://www.kulana.hawaiiweb.org/documents/10_Facts.pdf

Video Public Service Announcement by Cyril Pahinui
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCCibgLdbLw

Kulana Huli Honua is a group that formed in June, 1999 for the care of Ahu’ena Heiau. Founding President, David Kahelemauna Roy,Jr., led the restoration of the heiau that began in 1975 and was kahu. Today, his daughter, Mikahala Roy, continues his work and is co-kahu of Ahu’hena Heiau, along with Kalani Nakoa.

This non-profit, cultural preservation group has a small, but dedicated staff. From their office in the King Kamehameha Kona Beach Hotel, Kulana Huli Honua serves the Kailua-Kona community by offering classes, cultural workshops, and numerous community outreach events. In addition, they give tours of Ahu’ena Heiau, teaching visitors about the sacredness and immeasurable value this site holds for the Kanaka Maoli--Native Hawaiian people.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000