Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Hawaiian Chorus Auditions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Na Leo
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  1:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Na Leo's Homepage
Na Leo Nahenahe, San Francisco's Hawaiian Chorus Ensemble

Announces AUDITIONS

Monday, September 10, 2007
7 p.m.
Bethany United Methodist Church
1268 Sanchez St. at Clipper
San Francisco

Auditions to be followed by a regular rehearsal. Rehearsals are normally Monday evenings from 7:30-9 p.m.

The audition will consist of a quick placement test and the time to give information about the chorus to prospective singers.

The ability to read Hawaiian, read music or experience singing in a chorus are all helpful but not are required.

For more information please visit www.naleosf.com, email sing @ naleosf.com or call John at 415-701-7011.

If you let us know you are coming that would be great, but it's okay to just stop in too!

Edited by - Na Leo on 09/05/2007 06:04:16 AM

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  3:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
I would love to try out next year if I can get out that way, but just a few questions.

I don't have to be native Hawaiian, do I?

What does the audition consist of?

Am I age appropriate?

Do we learn music at rehearsals or on our own, like in Districts or All State festivals?

Mahalo nui loa,
'Alika

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe

Edited by - alika207 on 09/16/2007 3:30:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  7:58:02 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Aliko:

Many apologies for no answer your questions. Our kumu was announcing the auditions, didn't think to return for questions. But here:)

Everyone is welcome to join Na Leo Nahenahe,noo have to be Hawaiian, mebbe just Hawaiian at heart?
I'm sure your age is ok, but you didn't metion what it is.......all ages are welcome. Our youngest member is 11, our oldest 72.
We learn the music and the language at rehearsals, plus you can get an MP3 or CD which features your part for practice. I listen to mine in the car.
We don't usually do national competitions, we have our own concert schedule around the Bay Area.
E komo mai!!! Contact me by email if more questions, yah?

cathe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000