Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 HO`OLOHE HOU Debuts This Sunday
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  4:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
...Or it debuts again, I suppose - however you want to put it!

I am truly excited that Ho`olohe Hou - previously a podcast with very little exposure - is now one of the featured programs at www.50thstateradio.com. I finished recording this week's show last evening so I can give you a "sneak preview" of what you can expect if you choose to tune in this Sunday...

- Selections from a half-dozen living legends of Hawaiian music...
- A first look back at out-of-print Hawaiian recordings from the 1950s, 60s, and 70s...
- The 1954 debut single from Sonny Chillingworth...
- Birthday celebrations for pianist/singer George Paoa, singer/composer Ihilani Miller, and composer and slack key guitarist Auntie Alice Namakelua...
- A forgotten classic by the Brothers Cazimero in which the duo performs two of Auntie Alice Namakelua's seldom-heard compositions...
- And a special tribute to Don Ho.

I hope you will check out the show and let me know your thoughts and opinions. With the show already "in the can" and with a forecast of highs in the mid 70s on Sunday, I will probably be on the beach at the Jersey Shore! But I truly hope you enjoy the program as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  4:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Excellent. I am looking forward to it.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2007 :  04:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Bill, Congratulations for being able to re kindle your "Ho'olohe Hou" program. I was a huge fan of the old podcasts. If the new show is anything at all like the original, then we are all in for a treat. I hope the new show gets all the exposure you deserve, to make it a hit. Thank you to the folks at www.5othstateradio.com for giving you the opportunity. I already have my reminder set for 9:30 am Pacific Time so that I won't miss the first show.

Broke da leg,eh!!!

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain

Edited by - markwitz on 08/18/2007 04:38:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000