Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Working on ha'i, any tips?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  07:49:00 AM  Show Profile
I remember talking to Harold Kama Jr. years ago when he put out his first and only solo album. He's a darn good yodeler as well. Someone (I can't remember who) taught him to balance an ice cube on the tip of his tongue when practicing, apparently it helps you keep the proper balance of tension and relaxation in the tongue and throat. Never tried it myself.
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  4:36:55 PM  Show Profile
I'de probably choke to death before the ice cube,stuck in my throat, melted enough to go down or up.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  10:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Is that supposed to help people get better at doing the break in a Hawaiian falsetto song? If so, that gives me something to try when this cold goes away! For the past three days, I've had major laryngitis. My soprano notes are coming out pianisimo today. I don't think I should have gone to my voice lesson two days ago because my voice was shot when I got back home. Oh well.

Wish me luck getting my voice back! Don't worry, I've been drinking lots of water. Anybody got anything else I should do that might help?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  10:59:09 AM  Show Profile
Gargle da salt water and suck on peppermints. Drink peppermint tea. Humidfy your bedroom. Stand in a hot, steamy shower. Take an NSAID.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  12:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Gargle da salt water and suck on peppermints. Drink peppermint tea. Humidfy your bedroom. Stand in a hot, steamy shower. Take an NSAID.

What does NSAID stand for?

I've done lots of the other things you mentioned.

Anyone else?

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  12:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

What does NSAID stand for?
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, like aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen.
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  2:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Oh! Check. lol

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  5:10:06 PM  Show Profile
Blow up the TV Throw away the paper Move to the country Build a little home. Plant a little garden Eat a lot of peaches, Try and find Jesus on your own.-John Prine
It may not make your pipes get better, but it's good for the soul.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  12:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by rendesvous1840

Blow up the TV Throw away the paper Move to the country Build a little home. Plant a little garden Eat a lot of peaches, Try and find Jesus on your own.-John Prine
It may not make your pipes get better, but it's good for the soul.
Paul

Is that in a song? The only song I know by him is "Let's Talk Dirty in Hawaiian!" I think it's so funny!

'Alika / Polinahe

Edited by - alika207 on 10/27/2007 12:22:31 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000