Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 You Tube - 2007 Falsetto Contest
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  1:23:41 PM  Show Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1awBYRkPjM
19 minutes worth of the greatest falsetto

Bill Wynne: tell us about it, please.
Listen to "Pua Olena". Wow!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 10/26/2007 3:38:31 PM

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  2:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1awBYRkPjM
19 minutes worth of the greastest falsetto

Bill Wynne: tell us about it, please.
Listen to "Pua Olena". Wow!

I wish I could help you out, but I wasn't there. This contest was held on the Big Island; I attended the contest on O`ahu.

For the past few years there have been Aloha Festivals falsetto contests on four islands. The one on the Big Island is named in honor of its founder, Clyde "Kindy" Sproat. The one on Maui is named in honor of Maui's son, Richard Ho`opi`i. The O`ahu and Kaua`i contests currently have no namesakes.

I attended - and competed in - both the Big Island and O`ahu contests for three years in a row. Now I only attend the O`ahu contest. This may change next year as I have volunteered to assist with the contest planning as Aloha Festivals is so desperately short-handed. They do wonderful work; I have no idea how they do it all with so few people.

I know some of the singers on this video as they have been competing year after year. God love them for their continuing contribution to the falsetto tradition. They're all winners!

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.

Edited by - hwnmusiclives on 10/27/2007 01:46:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  2:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
I'm currently listening to it. Wow! Amazing so far!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000