Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Fretboard Roadmaps - Ukulele
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  11:52:03 AM  Show Profile
Howzit, anyone work through Sokolow amd Beloff's "Fretboard Roadmaps for the Ukulele"? I jus got a copy in da mail today and started working through it. I dunno how long it's goin take me to work through da 12 lessons, but I was wondering if anyone did, and how it affected dea playing style/technique/abilities?

I love da feeling of learning someting new every day about da ukulele ... shootz den! Wat a deal eh, only $10 on amazon and even comes wit one CD!

If can, can. If no can, no can.

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  12:43:26 PM  Show Profile
quote:
but I was wondering if anyone did
Don't y'all need a fretboard GPS to go with it?

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 08/21/2007 12:44:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  1:38:51 PM  Show Profile
I wish had one GPS :-)

Since I started studying da ukulele mo serious, it's way mo hard den learning da trombone. At least wit da trombone, get some tricks, but only one note at a time, and little bit coordination and choke practice getting yo chops in shape. Da ukulele, phew, da 4 strings an all da patterns ... aiyaaaa ... my head stay spinning already. I already looking forward to playing da bone tonight :-)

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  09:30:30 AM  Show Profile
Lawrence, if ya put a GPS on the fretboard would that mean you might find geo-caches under the dots?

Without having seen the book, I found a very hand chart that minimizes the chord forms you need to remember -- THEY ARE MOVABLE! Once you understand its structure and how to apply it memorizing ukulele chords is a snap.

http://www.ukuke.co.uk/downloadables.htm#MOVEABLE%20CHORD%20FORMS%20AND%20FRETBOARD

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  10:49:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey Mika`ele,

Nice reference chart. You like geo-caching? If I can find someting on my desk I'm lucky!

The book does mention 10 moveable chord forms and shows how you can make any odda chord from these, and how you can fret chords and dea inversions up and down da fretboard. Basically in 4 kinda short chapters (3-4 pages each), if you truly mastered da material, you should be able to fret any chord you can imagine and all it's inversions up an down da fretboard. Kinda unreal how much stuff dey wen cram into each page.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000