Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 MAHALO! TO EVERYONE From Bill & Gloria Nahalea
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

napuasweet
Lokahi

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2007 :  11:49:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit napuasweet's Homepage
To The Community throughout Seattle, Oregon, Las Vegas, Hawaii, California, And the Nation.Thank you for making The 3rd Annual Kalama Days of Discovery Successful this Year!

All The 60 Vendors! And Sponsors "MAHALO"

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE
--------------------------------------
Gregg, Lori, Maggie, Iwalani Ed, Manono, Cory, Jack, Gary, Dr.Cookie(Don)

We are already Planning The 4th Annual Kalama Days of Discovery 2008
*Bigger Entertainment Line-Up!

If you are interested in being Part of The 4th Annual Kalama Days of Discovery
As a Vendor Or Business Sponsor For 2008

Contact Bill and Gloria Nahalea-Creators and Producers
Hale Halawai O Hawaii Resource Center
Email: alohsislandtreasures @ yahoo.com

COMING TO THE 4TH ANNUAL KALAMA DAYS OF DISCOVERY 2008

*2008 Kalama Days Volleyball Exhibition
*2008 Kalama Days Canoe Regatta Over 45 Canoes will attend!

Edited by - napuasweet on 08/28/2007 9:16:01 PM

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  03:23:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Mahalo Bill and Gloria for a WONDERFUL festival this weekend! From Aloha Night on Friday at the Red Lion to the kanikapila on Sunday, it was an incredible weekend of music. The entertainment was unbelievable. If you missed it this year, you MUST put this event on your calendar for 2008.! I can only see this festival getting bigger and better every year. Kudos to Bill, Gloria, the event organizers, vendors, musicians, volunteers, and whoever else made this all possible. Most of all, I want to say how much I enjoyed meeting all the Taropatchers during the weekend. What fun! Jamming on Sunday was a highlight for sure. It was truly a magical weekend.

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

iwalani
Aloha

23 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  04:47:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit iwalani's Homepage
Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo nui loa to Uncle Bill & Aunty Napua! What a wonderful festival they had put together to get all da ohana together from all over in one amazing weekend! So much love (and a lot of blood, sweat and tears!) went into making this happen and it left everyone with full and happy hearts.

It was such an honor to be a part of this event! Mahalo for welcoming us into your ohana.

Much aloha goes out to my new extended ohana up deah and to all the wonderful people I was honored to meet this weekend! Lori, Gregg, Ed, Gary, Kory, Jack, , Uncle Don, Lei, Rosalee, my fellow Taropatchers, Cuzn Bobo (you rock!), Dewey, Aunty Bobbi (mahalo for da flowahs), Weldon (you captured my heart in that song!), Bryan, Alika Boy, da boyz from Las Vegas (yeah, you know who YOU are!), all the wonderful ladies and gentlemen from all the halau who participated, amazing musicians who shared their hearts and talents, and all the volunteers and supporters!

Most of all, my heart goes out to Uncle Bill & Aunty Napua--mahalo again for all the love you shared with all of us. It was present in all aspects of this event, we all felt it, and word will definitely spread for 2008! Get ready for one big pahty next yeah!

Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  07:01:41 AM  Show Profile
Wow, we had a rockin' good time. My favorite part of the whole weekend was getting to play with and hang out with Mahina M (and George), Iwalani (and Michael), Puna (and Keonaona), Dr. Cookie (and PJ), Slipry 1, Thumbstruck, Hilinai (back between trips - I think he heads out again today!), Falsetto 2002, Guava Sunrise and his oddah (but not odder) half, kanakaboy23 (Kalae Miles) and SOB (thanks for the awesome tips - I'm really gonna work on "Waikiki"!) Personally, I think "SOB" should stand for "Some Otherworldly Buggah" because watching his fingers work those jazz chords up close was a jaw-dropping experience.

I will post some pictures soon. I took close to 300 this weekend. Dis Japanee girl wit' camera gotta sort 'em out still yet.

Edited by - Momi on 08/27/2007 07:04:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  11:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
ugh.

Brain operating on 1/3 power today. Not enough sleep, too much to keep track of this past weekend. Wouldn't have traded in a single moment of it (okay, maybe a single moment...or two...but ne'mind.)

Us guys only get good fun - thumbstruck might say; another victory - slipry1 would add.

Back to being a vegetable now - more commentary in the future.

Mahalo, Kumu & Bill. See you Thursday.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  6:17:54 PM  Show Profile
We need more jams! I was still wound up today. Da fingers were still faintly glowing. Da creases from da strings almos' gone. Da music still slightly ringing in my ears. Only t'ing missing was Spam musubi.
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  6:28:10 PM  Show Profile
Okay: pitchas

Bryan Tolentino, Weldon Kekauoha, Alika Boy Kalauli IV

Brother Noland (middle) with sons Pi`ilani (left) and Vergel (right).

Dr. Cookie and Kanakaboy 23 (Kalae Miles).

Mahina M and Iwalani

Iwalani dancing "Lei Ho`oheno" with Bryan, Weldon, and Alika Boy.

Bill Nahalea, Gloria Kalamalamaka`ilialoha Napualani Nahalea and Weldon

Taropatch jam. George, Mahina M, Iwalani, Slipry 1, Guava Sunrise's elbow (notice you can't see his toes).

Retro and Thumbstruck mugging - notice umbrella on Kory's guitar.

Edited by - Momi on 08/27/2007 6:34:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  7:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Hey Lori!

Awesome pictures and fond memories of a fabulous weekend! Do we really have to wait another year to do this again? I hope not!
Mahalo to everyone who made this event so special. - A hui hou - Maggie

P.S. Gregg....honey, get some sleep 'k?
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  8:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Momi

Okay: pitchas

Bryan Tolentino, Weldon Kekauoha, Alika Boy Kalauli IV

Brother Noland (middle) with sons Pi`ilani (left) and Vergel (right).

Dr. Cookie and Kanakaboy 23 (Kalae Miles).

Mahina M and Iwalani

Iwalani dancing "Lei Ho`oheno" with Bryan, Weldon, and Alika Boy.

Bill Nahalea, Gloria Kalamalamaka`ilialoha Napualani Nahalea and Weldon

Taropatch jam. George, Mahina M, Iwalani, Slipry 1, Guava Sunrise's elbow (notice you can't see his toes).

Retro and Thumbstruck mugging - notice umbrella on Kory's guitar.

Mahalo nui loa for sharing da pictures. Wish I could have been there to support them. Weldon, Bryan (SOB), and Alika Boy are friends of mines. I have to tell you that I get to see them perform quite often here on O'ahu.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Edited by - hawaiianmusiclover06 on 08/27/2007 8:20:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

iwalani
Aloha

23 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  07:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit iwalani's Homepage
Eh Sistah Lori--awesome da pitchas! Mahalo for posting them!

Braddah Kory--eh brah, we gotta jam again sometime soon--and I mean GOTTA!!!

Eh Braddah Ed--you goin make ME cry now...everytime I think about that special moment dancing to Braddah Weldon's song.

Still basking in da glow of da weekend...and missing you all,
iwalani
Go to Top of Page

kanaka2010
Aloha

3 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  09:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit kanaka2010's Homepage  Send kanaka2010 a Yahoo! Message
Cuz Uncle, Da Concert Waz Off Da Hook!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hana Hou For One More Successful Kalama Dayz. Mahaloz To Braddah Walter, Uncle Kalae Miles And All Da Musicians From Canada. DEH WAZ DA BOM!! And Mahaloz To all the ress of da musicans. but even gerater mahalos to all da help from da kokua lima crew, Bennett And Michelle Erece(Dad and Mom) Benito, cameron, travis(mah Braddahs)Mark Wilson(port comissioner)Chris,Craig, Keith Borelis, And Last but not least Uncle Robert(bob)Borealis the overseer of the imu and da ono grinds.
so mahalos to all da peeps involved and hope fo see ou next ye-ah .
Go to Top of Page

kanaka2010
Aloha

3 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  09:51:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit kanaka2010's Homepage  Send kanaka2010 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Momi

Wow, we had a rockin' good time. My favorite part of the whole weekend was getting to play with and hang out with Mahina M (and George), Iwalani (and Michael), Puna (and Keonaona), Dr. Cookie (and PJ), Slipry 1, Thumbstruck, Hilinai (back between trips - I think he heads out again today!), Falsetto 2002, Guava Sunrise and his oddah (but not odder) half, kanakaboy23 (Kalae Miles) and SOB (thanks for the awesome tips - I'm really gonna work on "Waikiki"!) Personally, I think "SOB" should stand for "Some Otherworldly Buggah" because watching his fingers work those jazz chords up close was a jaw-dropping experience.

I will post some pictures soon. I took close to 300 this weekend. Dis Japanee girl wit' camera gotta sort 'em out still yet.

mah faverit part was hanging outr with kalae after the workshop
and talking story wit him
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  10:49:38 AM  Show Profile
Momi - can wait to see the pictures. Hurry...hurry.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  11:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
E Kelson - neva get to talk witchu all weekend. But I knew all you local-locals was there; couldn't have done it without your work. Tell Uncle Bob dat was some ONO-licious pua`a!

Wanda: eight pictures are posted on the thread awready --- can you not view 'em? (Of course, that leaves about 250 more not up here...)
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  11:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Andy would (justifably) boot me off if I tried to post them all. People are going to get tired of seeing our mugs. You all (you listening, Wanda?) are just going to have to come to Kalama next year.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  12:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Shoots! Great pictures! Dey really bring back da occasion. I agree: too long foa wait til nex' Kalama Dayz. Da nex' jam soon. Eh, Momi, you get pitcha of Gary wit' Aunty Manu? Unreal harmonies!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000