Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Keoki was wonderful at the Palace Theater
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hula Rider
Lokahi

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  1:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hula Rider's Homepage
Just got back from the Palace Theater Wednesday show which featured Keoki Kahumoku this week. He is SUCH a wonderful musician and storyteller - or is that storyteller and musician?

We feature a different guest artist almost every week, and they share such beautiful things with us! Last week Aunty Diana Aki came and shared with us, the week before that, Aunty Mary Ann Lim came. Next week Howard Shapiro will present some of his original work.

It's a mix-plate show with chant, hula, singing, history, and a whole lot of aloha!

Here is the link to my calendar with upcoming shows listed: http://www.kaahelehawaii.com/pages/leilehua_events.htm

If you ever come in to Hilo on a Wednesday morning, please drop by and say "Aloha!"

Malama pono,
Leilehua

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  1:59:04 PM  Show Profile
E that's a great way to showcase talent and carry on the culture too. I going be in town sometime in Jan/Feb 08 gotta see my daughter.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 09/05/2007 1:59:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  2:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Next time we visit ka moku o Keawe, we will definitely visit with you on a Wednesday morning. Thank you for doing this. It does two major things -- it perpetuates the culture for the kanaka maoli, and it teaches us malihini the true stories of Hawai`i.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000