Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Links for if you're interested in Hawaiian recipes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  04:02:42 AM  Show Profile
Ever wanted to cook, say, pipi stew, or manapua, or limu soup with fishballs? Or passion fruit pineapple bread?

Check out this site, E 'Ai Kakou [Let's Eat] - recipes from a food show:

http://kaiwakiloumoku.ksbe.edu/recipe&reviews/eaikakou2.php

and a list of past recipes to check out, too:

http://kaiwakiloumoku.ksbe.edu/makalii/makalii_pastfeatures.php#recipe

E nanea! [Enjoy!]

aloha,
Sarah

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  04:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Great list thanks but my husband craves Tako Poke the spicy kine some of the stores call it Korean Tako Poke when we are in Hawaii He eats it ALL the time I go crazy with the smell. I try to make it but it is not the same anybody got any ideas I am listening. Mahalo

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  4:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Sarah - thanks for posting these. I always like to see variations on a theme. My pipi stew can be different from others, my chicken long rice, etc. It is nice to try variations and learn something new.

Ono.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Hula Rider
Lokahi

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  12:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hula Rider's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by NANI

Great list thanks but my husband craves Tako Poke the spicy kine some of the stores call it Korean Tako Poke when we are in Hawaii He eats it ALL the time I go crazy with the smell. I try to make it but it is not the same anybody got any ideas I am listening. Mahalo

I just take the tako and stir it up with a bottle of kim chee. Let sit over night in the 'fridge.

How do you make yours?

Malama pono,
Leilehua
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  1:22:20 PM  Show Profile
I don't eat poke (Paul likes it though).

My question is regarding Spam musubi. After wrapping the nori, should it be eaten right away while the nori is kind of crisp or should it set for a while until the nori picks up some moisture from the rice and spam? Or is it just a matter of taste. I like it when the nori is not so crisp and flaky.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Ginny
Aloha

43 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  5:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sarah,

Can you help me out with Hawaiian language sites? Looking for any dedicated to children.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  04:15:44 AM  Show Profile
[I relocated my off-topic posting in response to Ginny's question to the topic http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5784 ]

Edited by - Sarah on 09/23/2007 04:40:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  10:38:15 AM  Show Profile
Great island-kine food site -- especially since most of the contributors live on the mainland, and recommend substitutions for some ingredients which may be hard to find outside Hawai`i:
http://alohaworld.com/ono/index.php

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  3:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
I have been makinging it ith the Tako and Kim Chee but hubby says just not the same as Hawaai Kine he gets at local Safeway and Grocery at Waikoloa. Not sure what the difference is and he can not put his finger on the difference either. I have tried mored Sirache and mre Sesame Oil but was not sure if some one had a recipe. Maybe our Kimchee here is just different. Guess he will just wait till Feb.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000