Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Write Your Congressman:
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Absolute
Lokahi

275 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  10:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Absolute's Homepage
An open letter to your Congress person on an issue of great importance to us all:

Dear Sir or Madame:

The United States current fiscal policy has recently affected me in a very personal manner. You see, I play the ukulele, and my strings had gone flat. I needed a new set.

There was a time when ukulele strings did not require a line item in my budget, but with the present economic situation in the United States made worse by the rash of mortgage defaults, the value of the United States' dollar, roughly at parity with the Euro when the Euro was first introduced, has now dropped to a mere seventy percent of the value of the Euro. You have transformed the United States, in international money market terms, into a country with a currency that has the same relationship with the Euro that Canada's dollar once did with that of the United States.

As a result, I am forced to resort to fishing line instead of synthetic gut, because synthetic gut is a European product. Please, music education in the United States has suffered enough insults, without forcing thousands of ukulele students everywhere to use cheap strings because a quality product made in Europe is no longer within our reach due to the disparity in the two currencies. Please, please, do something about the federal government's irresponsible spending. I don't want to live in a country that bases its economic growth on third world economic policies predicated upon a severely devalued currency, or one with an economy that can only be awakened by financing long term military aggression.

If this country should soon find itself in a recession (or worse), you'll know me. I'll be the one on the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue with my hat out playing the ukulele with the flat tone.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

A Devoted Fan of the Ukulele

Thank you.

Edited by - Absolute on 09/15/2007 10:45:25 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000