Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Convert your vinyl LPs to CD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  11:49:29 AM  Show Profile
Here's one cute gadget:
http://www.gifts.com/search/product/Vinyl-LP-to-CD-Recorder-Stereo-System?ideaID=8839&prodID=91206

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  12:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Good for someone who doesn't want to deal with the computer at all and doesn't mind spending $400 to duplicate a lot of equipment they probably already have. If you have a computer with a writable CD drive, a turntable, and a regular stereo system then all you need is a $5 cable (and maybe a $30 USB sound input adapter if your computer doesn't have a line-in jack):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/FromVinyltoComputer_StepByStep.aspx

Even if you're computer-challenged and it takes you a couple of hours to figure it all out that's the equivalent of paying yourself $200 an hour to learn!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  2:01:04 PM  Show Profile
With "Instant Music" ($50.00)from ADS Tech you can convert LP's and cassettes to cd. Google "instant music" to get the link. I'm sure there are lots of other options available, but it's the one I've been using to convert about 200 LP's and cassettes. Don't need a receiver. Just a good turntable (I bought a Dual 506 used for about $100.00)and a small pre amp($30.00).

I bought the "Instant Music" hardware and software(Nero) together from the website www.thinkgeek.com works via USB.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain

Edited by - markwitz on 09/21/2007 2:03:43 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000