Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Hawaiian Music CD Database Program
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bankdude
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  1:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit bankdude's Homepage
Aloha, I stumbled on this cd collection database program "Orange CD Catalog", and wanted to share it for your consideration. It is easy to use and you can insert CDs into your drive and it will create your database with song titles, artists and times. It searches Amazon.com, uses the CD's UPC code as well as Freecddb to find the artist/title/track info for your CD. I was surprised how may older OOP CDs I own are still listed in these databases.

You have plenty of room to add your personal liner notes and the program allows you to rate your cds. You can customize the genre fields to add sub-genres like kiho'alu, etc. Go here to read about the program: http://www.firetongue.com/ There is a 30 day free trial period and the full version is $34.95.

The really kewl feature is that it also creates an ON-LINE database webpage which is great when you are shopping for new Hawaiian CDs and can't remember if you have a CD already in your collection.

So far I have cataloged 221 Hawaiian Music CDs in my collection and I still have a bunch to go. Here is my list so far: http://mygenres.com/bankdude/

Tip: If there is no cover art on file you can search Google images or use www.mele.com to see if they have a pic the album cover. Hope this helps. Aloha, Joe (bankdude)

www.HaleOMaui.com

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  12:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Joe,

I just downloaded the trial version and can see already that it can be very helpful. Thanks for the heads up.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000