Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 South Bay Open Mic • Tue • Oct 9
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  06:10:14 AM  Show Profile
Time again for our open mic, Tuesday, Oct 9 at:

Mission City Coffee Roasting Co,
2221 The Alameda, in Santa Clara

Take The Alameda, north, off of 880 and it's about two long blocks on your left (just before the Alameda makes the big swing around Santa Clara University)

Signups, as always, will be at 6:30 PM and the first act will be at 7:15.

Thank you once again to Mission City and Sun Jose Hawai`i for sponsoring this event

Mahalo nui loa,

dog

PS: Tickets for Ozzie's Nov. 10th Workshop will be available

Pmahany
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  05:43:58 AM  Show Profile
I be there.

Honokowai Pete

Honokowai Pete
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  1:36:08 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this month's open mic. For those who have never been, either as a performer or audience member, I highly recommend it. There's a solid 2-1/2 hours of performances, you never know who's going to show up or what they'll play but it's always entertaining, the crowd and fellow musicians are full of aloha, you have chance at winning free gift certificates from Sun Jose, there's good food and coffee, and the admission is a bargain (free!).

As a performer, it's an excellent venue to gain performance experience, try out new material, and even sit in with other performers. All are welcome. Mahalo Dave for organizing and hosting. Have a great time everyone!

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  09:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
Takin' a short road trip and I'll be there...
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  04:16:47 AM  Show Profile
Another wonderful night of splendid playing. TDan blew us away. Thanks for coming all the way from SoCal (BTW: Happy Birthday)

Mahalo

dog
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  05:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
Mahalo nui, Beeg Dawg, for da aloha an' mele...Great to hear you an' da Kamdogs opening act, then your solos, Jerry and Auntie Ella sounded great, Pete and his awesome ukulele, an' Steve with some fantastic taro slack...It was an honor and a pleasure to be in the lineup. Mahalo for everything. I hope I don't have to wait for another birthday to do it again...
A hui hou,
T-Dan
Go to Top of Page

Pmahany
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  07:20:48 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo to all who were there. It especially meant a great deal to me to see you all and to come play for you all that night. All your comments are greatly appreciated. And a special howdy dudy for Dog!

Honokowai Pete

Honokowai Pete
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  08:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Sorry I missed this month's session and I'm looking forward to next month's already...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000