Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Whats up in CHI Town?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  08:16:03 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, my love and i going to Chicago from Oct. 16 to 22 to visit mo'opuna and her parents(almos one year old).
My question is what kine Hawaiian music stuff get ovah dea?
Any suggestions are welcome.
Aloha mai Kakou

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  12:49:22 PM  Show Profile
I live near Chicago (approx 80 mi.) and I can tell you it is seems to be non-existent outside of the city. Inside or close to the city, I don't know of any, but there must be something there you would think. But maybe not. Hope someone else knows of something going on in Chicago because I would be interested.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  1:06:23 PM  Show Profile
Al - you are most of the way to Cleveland. 45 minute plane ride. The porch light is always on, and the kaukau is always ono. We even have ONE restaurant (Kimo's) that serves Hawaiian food on the weekends! However, the onliest music is kanikapila with Paul.

Come on down!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

LovinLK
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  7:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit LovinLK's Homepage  Send LovinLK a Yahoo! Message
I'm in the Chicago area and there's very little happening to my knowledge.

This is the only place I've found that has Hawaiian entertainment of some kind http://www.thetikiterrace.com/ but I've never been there. Take a look around the site.

Lovin' Lee is my favorite pasttime!!

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  10:10:03 PM  Show Profile
Right on you folks. Maybe I'll just switch hats and go to the House of Blues or something. The very first time I visited the Chicago Blues Festival was going on. Mostly free stuff, was good fun. Then we watched fireworks on the Navy Pier man was it chilly!.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000