Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 washburn rover
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  09:04:24 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone played a Washburn "Rover" travel guitar? Is there any significance to the fact that Rover can also be a dog's name or is this just a coincidence?

Dave

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  5:31:34 PM  Show Profile
A co-worker bought a Rover last year.It plays pretty well,and it's definately portable. It's very compact and almost weightless. I don't think the body is any largerthan a concert size uke,not large enough to produce much bottom end, so the sound is thin and trebbly. Kind of a disapointing sound, but for hotel room use, you could probably get by with it. I don't know how well you could hear it among other instruments. I'm thinking it would get lost, much like my dulcimer does in a large jam. I think for a guitar-oriented trip,where jams are the norm, something bigger is in order.For buisiness trips, or other types of travel where it's just used alone in a hotel room it would be ok.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  5:37:35 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rendesvous1840

A co-worker bought a Rover last year.It plays pretty well,and it's definately portable. It's very compact and almost weightless. I .For buisiness trips, or other types of travel where it's just used alone in a hotel room it would be ok.
Paul

Great information, thank you.
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000