Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Territorial Airwaves - Technical Difficulties?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  03:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
I need a reality check. Would one of you wonderfully kind individuals please visit www.am940hawaii.com and try to listen to either last week's or this week's edition of Territorial Airwaves? I have not been able to get these to stream using any one of three different browsers and even after downloading a new version of Windows Media Player.

What is driving me batty is that the same audio player is used to stream the AM940 and Hawaiian 105.1 live broadcasts and I can play those just fine. So my diagnostic skills tell me there is something broken with the Territorial Airwaves broadcasts. But I would like a second opinion.

I am a little desperate because I really want to hear the Alvin Isaacs special as he is one of my very favorites. But I have been trying for five days now - thinking that I am the technically incompetent dink - and if I don't fix this soon, the show will be yanked by midnight Friday and a new one in its place.

Help! And mahalo.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  04:42:48 AM  Show Profile
I just tried. Couldn't get it either.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  05:43:26 AM  Show Profile
It works for me at 8:43 AM PDT, Wednesday 10/17. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.3.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  08:09:08 AM  Show Profile
Sorry Bill, I get a funky drop-down from streamaudio.com, instead of playing the Royal Hawaiian Serenaders. I could listen to the current talk show, though.

Firefox 2.0.0.7 14:10 EDT 10/17/07

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  08:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Reid

Sorry Bill, I get a funky drop-down from streamaudio.com, instead of playing the Royal Hawaiian Serenaders. I could listen to the current talk show, though.

Firefox 2.0.0.7 14:10 EDT 10/17/07

...Reid

Well, it's pretty touchy technology if only 3 out of 4 of us can make it go. I'm tired of trying.

By the way, Na `Oiwi `Olino is a very good talk show. I listen to it as often as I can to keep up to date on Native Hawaiian issues. However, I am also a fan as I got a pretty nice mention from Brickwood and Kimo on a recent broadcast. Go to the archives and listen to the 10/1/07 show. It's near the very beginning - about 3 minutes in - and is a reference to an impromptu appearance with Aunty Genoa at the Embassy Suites. I stayed well in the back to hear the band and talk to friends. But then the emcee mentioned that Auntie Maria was in the audience. I wanted to meet her, so I asked a friend where she was sitting, and when I snuck up towards the front to meet her, I got called up to sing.

And then I was late for my gig at the Halekulani. And I still haven't met Auntie Maria.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

bubba
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  11:14:07 AM  Show Profile
Sorry,I couldn't get any sound here in Des Moines. Pity because the fellows looked like snazzy dressers.
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  11:49:15 AM  Show Profile
Bill, it's letting me play the "Sunset at Makaha" program, but not the other.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  1:02:28 PM  Show Profile
Well I got the 10/12/07 broadcast to play from Chicago. I'm on it now so I don't know if this the program in question. But it is the live Friday broadcast. First I turned off pop up blocking. Then I looked up past shows and clicked on the date. Whatever was there played. I'll go back to the forum and see what the original question was. Aloha

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  1:04:45 PM  Show Profile
Ok I was on Na 'Oiwi 'Olino. Territorial mm airwaves did not play back. Hmmmm?

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Cyberglen
Aloha

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  05:52:10 AM  Show Profile
When are they going to do this as a podcast?

Slow down! It's Molokai.
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  02:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Cyberglen

When are they going to do this as a podcast?

Never - if the RIAA has anything to do with it.

You can find more information about this elsewhere on this forum (because we have beaten it to death), but... Simply put, any use of copyrighted music in a podcast is considered illegal because the RIAA and Library of Congress have not yet arrived at a method of collecting mechanical licensing fees for the use of this music. So rather than allowing the use of music in podcasts gratis until they figure it out, they are fining podcasters heavily for using copyrighted songs - to the tune of $150,000 per song per download.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000