Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 I got my `ukulele - wee-ha
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  07:24:56 AM  Show Profile
Here is a picture of my new `ukulele from Musicguymic....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=250175747316#ebayphotohosting

Can't wait til it gets here. He said he would make it nice and low action to make easy on my hands.

Woo-hoo.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 10/29/2007 12:55:25 PM

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  4:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
It looks nice, Wanda, and I'm sure it'll play really well with Mike's custom set-up for you. 'Better get set up to make your first recording for all of us!

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  5:39:29 PM  Show Profile
Which string setdid you choose?

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  2:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Oh Wanda I think it is a wonderful choice. I am sure it will soon be singing sweetly to you and I bet you will have to fight Paul for it. He was really good. I am jealous that you will have someone with so much experience and knowledge to help you learn. I am with Tonya can not wait to see a Utube of a duet of you and Paul.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  03:28:20 AM  Show Profile
Getting Aquila strings, Al.

Paul promises he will not cockaroach my `ukulele.

Friends - thank you so much for turning me on to Music Guy Mike. I am the queen of customer service and I must tell you, I have never experienced anything like the service from Mike. I sent him an e-mail at noon here in Cleveland. Not 15 minutes later I had a reply to my questions...all the way from Kaneohe. Mike must have been up very bright and early over on O`ahu. And all susequent correspondence and questions I had were answered quickly and thoroughly. I am more than impressed with doing business in this way.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Lokahi

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  06:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on getting a ukulele, Wanda! I hope you get a lot of fun out of it.
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  06:50:16 AM  Show Profile
woo hoo! welcome to da odda side :-)

Congrats on da good buy. I wen go see da link ... ho, da ting looks real nice. You gotta let me know wat you tink of da strings too! I hope you have choke fun wit um! Jus no get da tunnel sundrome eh?

woo hoo!

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

808bk
Akahai

82 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  09:47:42 AM  Show Profile
Congratulation on your purchase.

So what kind you going get next???

Edited by - 808bk on 10/22/2007 09:48:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  10:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Yea it is really rough when that little bugger bite you all the time I see a new Uke and first thought is Hmmm maybe but then I remember I do not have enough time for what I have. If only they were not such pretty little things! Can not wait to build one at AMC in just 103 Days not that I am counting mind you.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  10:48:10 AM  Show Profile
Hey Blaine - my "other" `ukulele is a Yamaha Clavinova...I can set the keyboard to sound like just about any instrument you can imagine and many you probably couldn't imagine.

Nancy - they are pretty little things aren't they?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  11:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
You know it, did it come yet and are you playing it Huh huh huh ? :-)
Mike is a great guy when I ordered the wrong strings the other week he sent me 2 low G stings from another set not the same kind but at least they will do till I order again. :-)
Have Fun.
What is a Yamaha Clavinva ?

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  11:44:24 AM  Show Profile
I don't have to cockaroach Wanda's new uke; we have plenty cockroaches on the buses at work. I mean plenty toys for me to play at home.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  12:25:13 PM  Show Profile
A Clavinova is an electronic piano. It is the size of a spinet and it has a disc drive where you can record your own tracks or where you can play music discs that are prerecorded and you add your part to them. In addition to playing regular piano, you just dial a dial and make it sound like violins or a guitar or horns or a kajilion other instruments, many of which I am unfamiliar. Hard to slack the keys, though.

Never goes out of tune like a real piano.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  03:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Love dem UPS tracking numbers...my new `ukulele is now in Ohio. Maybe he comes home to mama tomorrow! I am definitely starting to get excited.

I hope listening to Herb, Jr. no puts da damper....he is so talented, so good, so nice.

I can play da C chord.

Hey one chord could work...if I remember, one Bob Dylan song, Hollis Brown, is all one chord. All I gotta do is sing in a different key.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  10:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Hey Wanda Wahini 'Ilikea is only three Chords and you already know one the others are easy ones too G and D7

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  11:46:38 AM  Show Profile
Wanda is at the door, accepting 2 packages from the UPS driver. One apears to be from Maui Coffee Roasters. (She said kope.)The other can only be her new ukulele. Later, Y'all.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000